Javascript + Firefox = ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mugatu, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

Not sure if there is a fix or anything I can do about this but I find that javascript with Firefox is hit and miss - at best. I have Firefox installed on a number of computers and I cannot figure out shy somethings work on some of them and not the others.

For instance, on one PC I cannot us OT's quicklinks or search link - if I click on them nothing happens but other things, like the links on Gmail (logout) work without problems. On another PC, I have no problems with OT but I have to manually type in "gmail.google.com/gmail?logout" into the address bar to be able to log out of Gmail.

The computers themselves are all running XP with all of the updates (and SP2 didn't change anything in this regard, they still behave the same) and Firefox has the same extensions. They behave identically under all users :dunno:

Any ideas? I still love Firefox and will continue to use it even if this continues but it is annoying.

2. Mugatu

Nobody?

3. thelove

thelove Guest

I have Firefox installed in my computer. It's very fast and more reliable than the IE.. But I think that your problem has to do with the connection itself. Are you connecting behind a firewall?

4. Mugatu

That can't be it - all of these computers are behind the same firewall yet firefox works in different ways on each :dunno: