Java?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ImPoRtFaN, Mar 26, 2004.

1. ImPoRtFaN

ImPoRtFaN Guest

Ok, I am a freshman in high school and I am taking a computer science class. Right now we are doing java, and I don't understand one bit of it. Help me please!!

-Matt

2. Ximian

Ximian New Member

Drop the class.

3. ImPoRtFaN

ImPoRtFaN Guest

That doesn't help me as much as I'd like and it's too late to drop classes. It's about the second trimester of the second semester.

-Matt

4. XtremelyCanadian

XtremelyCanadian I play hockey.....EH

Drop the class, if you dont understand it by taking a class, chances are you're not going to understand it when someone "trys" to explain it to you.

And its not like Java can be "explained" easily, get a book, read it, then do some programming with it, thats the only way you're going to learn.

5. jdub12

jdub12 New Member

what is it you dont understand? you have to be a bit more elaborate on whats hindering you. Is this your first stab at a Object Orientated Language?

6. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

The best responses will come with specific questions. Post some code and many people will help you.

7. toker

toker Guest

Good Luck

Maybe thats his problem cause I just started my Java class last week but I have already finished two C++ and VB classes so I kind have a basic understanding of how its gonna work just need to practice. All I can say is read A book, I dont even use the books my school gave me ,ITT Tech.

8. jdub12

jdub12 New Member

im taking a java class right now, but it would be my 5th one and its just one of those courses thats required. Anyways, like many have stated...if you want to ask some specifics we could help you. A "I dont understand, and want to learn" is not something we can just lay a straight answer out for you and have the lightbulb go off. Lay out some specifics and we'd be happy to help.