MMA Jason Reinhardt suing Showtime.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Date: 03/28/07 10:32 AM
    4270 Total Posts Ignore User
    Last edited:28-Mar-07 10:36 AM

I've never sued anybody in my life. I sure the hell didn't think i would be suing a huge company like Showtime. I may win, or i may lose. This part is not important. What is important is making Showtime and their representative Tim Fields answer for what they did to me. I gave up fighting for the WEC World Title on March 24th, because of Showtime's promises, with fabricated large purses, 3 fight deals, ect. ect.. they were very BELIEVABLE, I will tell you that much. I have been more than fair and patient. I have given them plently of time to respond, with no success. Shortly after I told them i would not sign with the WEC, and i would sign with them, the calls, the voice mails, the tex messages, Stopped. All communication stopped. Now they will have to respond with court papers. I believe they did this to me, in order to get me away from their competition which is the UFC/WEC, in a vindictive way. "I fucked up and lost out on becoming a World Champion" But when a company like Showtime throws crazy numbers at you, you tend to think of your family, instead of having the status of World Champion. "you put your whole life into something, and it's not a good feeling, feeling like you've been punked." "I ain't going out like that" "I may lose, but in the end I'm doing what I feel is right." "I'm letting a judge decide, and see how Showtime likes that" Jason Reinhardt

2. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I hope he wins this.

3. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Why would anyone offer Jason Reinhardt a big fight purse. I thought he said what they said was BELIEVABLE, :rofl:

4. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Granted he probably has no proof, isnt a verbal contract legally binding?

5. Rob H

Rob H New Member

he is fucked the way i look at it. if he has no documentation I can't see a court taking his lawsuit.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

he doesnt have a leg to stand on.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

verbal contracts aren't legally binding, in a situation like that it's one's word vs. another. there is no way to prove a verbal contract one way or the other.

8. ilduce

ilduce New Member

Verbal contracts are legal but only in amounts under $500.00.

9. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

Not true. What you are misunderstanding is a Statute of Frauds requirement that a purchase for goods over $500 must be in writing to be binding, however there are ways around that.

I won't get into contract law with you guys, but he can try to prove a verbal contract. It will be difficult, but it wouldn't be the first time it was done.

However, his likely argument is not going to be a contract based remedy, it will be quasi-contract related.