MIL Jarheads.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brackac, Jun 9, 2005.

1. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

During PT a few weeks back, a Marine approached a individual in my unit and starts yelling at him about an incident that had happened earlier that morning. As the conversation progressed the Marine became more and more aggressive, and was basically trying to start a fight. Ultimately nothing happened due to the person in my unit maintaining his military bearing, and the Marine walked away. But before he left he decided to ask the individual in my unit what rank he was. I guess he wasn't expecting to hear the word Captain, because he quickly changed his attitude.

Cliff notes
    1. Marine being typical jarhead
    2. Tries to instigate a fight
    3. Gets put in his place and walks off

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Dont you just love when assholes get handed their shit back?

3. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

typical cocky marine, glad he got put in his place

4. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

tehe "typical cocky marine" stfu.

5. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

so says you.
    maybe that captain deserved an asschewing and the Marine decided getting in the captains ass wasnt worth the page 11 risk or some shit. Maybe he got in his ass, found out it was a captain and said to himself "youve gotta be fucking shitting me, a captain acts like this?" and was so exceedingly disgusted he just walked off before he got in trouble for pounding a captains ass. that story was so fucking vague its ridiculous. what was the incident "earlier that morning? did u see it? were you there?? did someone just pass the story along to you? what words were actually spoken? what rank was the Marine? how exactly did he try to "instigate a fight?" so the captain just stood there? thats military bearing? Just because Marines yell and scream at other Marines and people in the military when they do fucked up shit doesnt mean they lost their military bearing as you seem to be implying. In fact I think the army could do it alot more... problem is they dont have room to talk.

Personally i think you are the typical "army guy" who just loves to hate on Marines. your constantly saying how cocky we are etc etc. you knda remind me of my gf these days...she says shes "stronger and more sure of herself." well people that are dont brag about it... fucking ay..get over yourself.

6. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

good questions StuDLei. I await brackac's answers

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Whoa... Slow down a little... Brackac might not have been at the earlier incident, but he was a helluva lot closer to it than anyone here. We've all seen assholes in the military, no matter what branch of the service you are in. Assholes don't come in one specific uniform. It just so happens that this asshole was a Marine. :dunno:

8. brackac

You pretty much summed up why I hate Marines with this statement. If Marines were the best of the best, they wouldn't constantly have to tell everyone else, now would they?

And regardless of the situation, and yes the Marine was at fault 100%, no enlisted person has the right to disrespect an officer regardless of the situation. So not only did the Marine lose his military bearing, he was unprofessional, and had a complete loss of situational awareness. And then there are the UCMJ articles he violated. Only an idiot would flip out on a person on base without knowing their rank.

9. brackac

When was the last time I claimed to be the best in anything? When have I claimed to be even good at anything?

10. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

can't disagree with that

11. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

12. brackac

Disrespected a serviceman? We all have rank, regardless if we are in uniform or not. If you are professional at all times, you have nothing to worry about.

13. Fearan

Fearan Guest

I thought inter-service bashing was strong in Canada.

But by golly, am I glad we don't have 2 units that serve land (blablabla i understand Marines dont only do land, but you get the idea.)

14. brackac

Time and a place. And this wasn't the time or place.

15. brackac

Traffic incident. And the Captain was being the better person. If you don't realize that no enlisted person has the right to disrespect an officer, you need to go back through basic training. I don't even say negative things towards the officers on OT.

16. brackac

No, you don't get it. There is never just some guy in the military. Situational Awareness is your friend. I have seen people get article 15's for shit they said while playing basketball at the gym. You have to always know your surroundings and error on the safe side.

17. brackac

What if you flipped off a guy in civilians clothes on base, and he ends up being the base commander. Does it make it alright because you didn't know his rank prior to making the hand gesture? No, you are in the military 24/7, regardless if you are in uniform or not.

18. pakman

pakman New Member

Let's see...

I believe that is bragging... let's continue

Should I go on? I'll leave it at that. Next time think before you type, eating your own words doesn't help your already tainted image for the Marines.

19. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

just take your ass back to BASIC and learn military curtosies

20. StuDLei

not actually.

first of all the nature of that thread was something along the lines of which branch is the most badass. I answered the question and put my 2 cents in like everybody else. i never created a thread simply bashing the army.so therefore i really dont think thats considered outright bragging. if you cant tell the difference, your either ignorant or fucking stupid.

thanks for playing, put in another quarter and try again.

21. StuDLei

what?

At no time would it be appropriate to flip any one off. Is that what the Marine did to this Army captain? Because if he did, you forget to mention it.

If the captain did something fucked up and a Marine chewed his ass*without knowing he was captain* I see no problem. If he deserved it he deserved it. If the captain goes in to paper kill his ass he needs to grow some fucking hair above his slit.

Also...Lets say a Marine does this to a Marine captain. If the Marine captain was in the wrong and knew the young Marine didnt know he was a captain but he deserved the ass chewing.... the captain would probably respect that. And thats how it should be.

Who knows...maybe the Army captain in this situation did just that by not saying a fucking thing.

22. StuDLei

When was the last time i claimed that you claimed to be the best in anything or even be good at anything??? :ugh:

23. StuDLei

wow.

wow.

remember the whole grow some hair bove the slit thing???..... ugh im not even gonna continue.

24. StuDLei

and since when was chewing someone ass disrespectful??? Maybe you need to go back through basic.

25. StuDLei

and i know im gonna get flamed for the comment on "when is chewing someone's ass disrespectful." obviously if an officer is out of line you should respectfully call him out. HOWEVER....i have seen officers get their asses chewed by enlisted personell and they FUCKING DESERVED IT. THEY got put in THEIR place. There is a time and a place for it..ill agree with you on that. It depends what the officer did/didnt do and many other fucking variables.

This is basically a lost cause since none of us, including the thread starter, was there. which is exactly why this thread should of never been created. cuz YOU WERENT THERE.

My point/purpose was simply to provide defense for this Marine and the USMC in general. Dont go around creating threads called "Jarheads" bashing Marines. fucking ay. Your an NCO right?

check yourself.

-lcpl type