Jag X-Type

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ItchyDog, Jul 9, 2005.

1. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

What do you guys think about these cars. I was looking at BMW 325, its nice but it seems liek those cars are everywhere, Jag is the next thing that comes to my mind. Have any of you owned one or drove one, what was your impression. Im not really looking for assumptions about this car as I can find that elsewhere.

Thnx

2. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

One of my cars is an X-type. Its a really nice car, I have to say mine which is a 2002 is a bit loud on the inside, I dont know if that has been fixed by now or not but lots of tire road noise. Other than that, the car sticks to snow like glue, its a great mulitpurpose luxury vehicle.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

horrible resale as with any jags, but interior materials and overall feel of the car is truely a jag and not a fancy Taurus

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

it's a piece of shit, imo.

5. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

Yeah I looked up resale and its really a car to get and drive till it craps out. Did check it out at the dealers and it had Momo(??) wheel and surprisingly has a lot of space. Kinnda sucks that hyundai makes a look a like, and to be honest I have a hard time differianting between the two sometimes, but then its not like 325 that you see on every corner (not to diss cuz those cars are great). I got thrown off with that "Its a ford Mondeo/ COntour engine" crap, but under further investigation came to find out that its in fact ONLY Based on that engine.

Just wanted to know if its comfortable on longer rides, and does it have decent acceleration???

Thnx guys for your inputs :)

6. waspride

waspride Can't this wait till I'm old, can I live while I'm

IMO jags = :ugh2:

7. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

Dont be too constructive in your replies cuz it might hurt your head

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You put forth an excellent argument. I can't believe I liked Jags for so long. :wtc:

9. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

For once, I find myself in agreement with something you say :noes:

Is actually true though. The very simple fact that you can purchase a front wheel drive, diesel, estate Jaguar pretty much defies its existance as an actual Jaguar.

10. hotsauce

hotsauce New Member

my parents have one. the performance is pretty weak, but the interior and ride is really smooth. i have gotten a lot of compliments about it, more than my integra gsr or saabaru. :wtc:

11. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

I test drove one....the only thing I didn't like was that the air conditioner is loud inside the car. Its like the air is too restricted though the vents.
    But I loved the way the car drives, the engine is very good also.

12. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

:bigthumb:

13. urbanjanitor101

urbanjanitor101 OT Supporter

my aunt has a 3.0 that i drove. it had way too much pitch/dive in it. it felt good otherwise. get the upgraded radio tho, cause the base one is terrible.

14. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

Nose dive.. I guess that could be cured :) Cool I guess nothing but positive about this car :)

15. Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo Guns don't kill people

GOD-AWFUL. My Lord, what an awful, AWFUL car. I don't know what Y2KAccord was smoking when he checked out the interior, but it's terrible. Quality of materials is piss-poor, fit and finish is nonexistent, and the seats...oh Lord, the seats. I took a trip from SW Germany to Paris and would've been more comfortable in a VW Lupo (I know...I've taken a trip in a Lupo in the BACKSEAT and didn't feel as terrible). I've never missed my Audi so much.

To even suggest that you'd take an X-Type over a comparable BMW, Audi, or Mercedes is lunacy. It truly is just a fancied-up Ford Mondeo (the car with which it shares its platform).

Drive this car back-to-back with a comparable BMW. If you decide the X-Type is worth it, then you made your decision before even driving it. The X-Type can't compare to any of its German competitors. Hell, test an Infiniti G35, too. I've heard nothing but great things about that car.

Don't do it. For the love of God, DON'T DO IT.

16. Y2kAccord

I guess you could call Connolly leather and real wood trim to be piss poor quality :dunno: Its higher quality leather than the sometimes PLETHER Audi uses. Its the same materials used in all Jags.. Might do some reasearch before you post. Top pic is Xtype and bottom is a XJ which is much more expensive (twice price). Interior materials are the same

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND AGAIN.. same materials in top of the line XK Series

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  17. Dr. Woo

Research? I DROVE ONE to Paris and back! I fully realize the "quality" of the materials.

So it uses real wood. Okay. And Connolly leather. Fine. But leather trim and wood panels do NOT an interior make. There's the feel of the plastics, the FIT AND FINISH...the car is a joke. There's a reason the X-Type is such a massive failure, and it's not because it's underrated, let me tell you.

And as for the "pleather" in the Audis, I had to break out PROOF that Audi didn't offer leather on my trim level car to convince some friends (a bunch of Audi fanatics) that it wasn't real leather. I'd put my interior up against the X-Type's any day. Audi is the hands-down winner. So don't even begin to think the interior of a Jaguar can match that of a similar Audi.

18. Y2kAccord

So you are saying fake audi leather is better material than Connolly leather which is standard issue in lambo, Jag and bentley :ugh:

19. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Dr. Woo, you have no idea what you are talking about I can see. The X-Type is beautiful on the inside. A real drivers cabin, your VW and its pleather cannot even compete, let alone a 3 series BMW. The X-Type has materials that not even the 7 Series has. Go for the X-Type, its a sweet ride.

20. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

Thnx

I think Dr Woo maight have the Mustang-owner syndrome "I own one and its the best car ever". :hsugh:

21. Dr. Woo

Wait...what? When did I say that? Point that out.
    I wonder just how many people here have taken a 550-mile trip in the car...? Of course, a simple test-drive or just looking at the car is a perfectly similar experience! :rolleyes: :rofl: Or...even reading about it in a magazine!

Once again...550 miles. I do believe I know what I'm talking about. You guys want the photo of the exact car I painstakingly drove? I do happen to have one!
    No, I have that even more common "I drove one and it's terrible" syndrome.

You know what? Fine. You're getting defensive because I'm calling the car out for its obvious incompetencies, and you HAVEN'T EVEN DRIVEN ONE! Just stay away from the competition, because you'll surely regret your decision if you drive a similar car from another manufacturer. You make a thread looking for opinions and you accuse me of "Mustang syndrome" because I'm giving you EXACTLY what you asked for. Just change the title of the thread to "Throw a bunch of X-Type love my way so I can justify getting one!"

22. Willie J

Willie J New Member

wood grain grippin

23. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

You want a napkin?

24. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

im still getting used to my xjr, and yes the resale value sucks. But love the feel of the car. Why do people buy a car based on resale. Buy a car to use it, not to sell it. If you like the damn thing buy it, use it, and enjoy it.

25. Y2kAccord

People buy a car with good resale so they can get something out of it when they wish to sell it down the road.