LGBT Jack and Bobby

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Nov 18, 2004.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Tonights Jack and Bobby was worth catching. There were some pretty relevant stuff for younger gays, especially relating to teen suicide. Very touching episode. They're gonna replay it later on this week if anyone's interested.

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I felt the emo fag last night, as I literally had tears streaming down my face by the end of the show. I ended up watchin it at about 10:40 (God, do I luv tivo) and was soooo messed up by the end of it that I called Ferron at 11:30, but he never answered his phone (He's having surgery today, so he was probably in bed).

Anyway, the show brought back all of those crazy feelings that I had from my own friends death. [ http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1017654&highlight=thankful ] Although there were other issues involved with that situation, I had this crazy thought that Chris/Crissy would still be alive if I had been there for him when he first started his queer development, instead of having my own boyfriend at that time and not discussing queer issues till years later... And at that point, Chris had found his own people to talk to--trans friends who facilitated Chris' transformation to Crissy...

Anyway, last night's Jack & Bobby was a great episode, that happened to get me all emotional.

3. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I missed it.

I'll try to catch it on the rerun

4. Taylor

Taylor Guest

It was a really touching episode.

5. cargojock

cargojock New Member

what channel is it on?

6. cedric

the WB

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

And now that I have more time to reply, I will elaborate. I felt very connected to the sequence of events that were shown through flashbacks. I was in a very similar situation prior to coming out myself. Unfortunately, Jack's friend did not make his way through it as well as I did. It definitely hit a soft spot in my heart :hs:

8. CoCo

I missed the last one. I so sad...:wtc:

9. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I missed this week's too....damn fashion show:rofl:

10. CoCo

I was exhausted the other night from sex, and I was trying to watch Smallville and J&B.. I thought I was deleting Smallville, when it was really Jack & Bobby. Oh, why can't tivo have a 'trash can'.....

11. cedric

It wasn't as good as the episode that started this thread, but it was still good. I'm guessing they'll replay it sometime during this weekend. What was the real shocker was the flash forward about his presidency. I won't say anything more.

12. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

This is CoCo. I didn't even see if I could re-tivo it this weekend... I'm visiting with Taylor and Ferron, and sooooo forgot to add it to record again before I left Friday... :wtc:

13. CoCo

Oh, tivo is smart! So I guess it realized that I didn't actually watch this week's J&B, and recorded it again on Sunday! I was worried because I have it set to record only shows I have not seen (no re-runs) and technically I did already record this showing... Anywho, it all worked out, but I have not watched it yet. With my busy weekend, I have like 40 hours of shows to watch...tonight. :mamoru:

-PS- On a side note, after using Ferron's mac over the weekend, I now realize that if I went ahead and purchased the mac that I was planning, I would probably no longer use my font tags... They are so much more complicated using a mac :eek3:

14. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

Hmm, well, UI'm not much of a huge fan of the show. But Ill watch it sometime. I like Will & Grace though. :hs: