GUN IWB holster velcro mounting clips

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sprite, Jun 8, 2007.

1. sprite

sprite Active Member

Who uses them and how well do they work? Since I can't decide on a holster I'm at least going to get a belt on order and need to decide if I want a velcro liner or not. Seems like it would be the ideal system if they really held well, but it just doesnt seem they would be all that solid.

The other option I've read about is affixing some velcro to the face of a "C clip", which would keep the clip from pulling away or moving laterally, but would still bear most of the weight on the clip instead of the velcro or waistband of the pants.

The other thing I'd worry about is the loop material getting frayed and loosing grip over time.

I'm pretty sure Soybomb posted a pic of them on his Answer... anyone else?

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yup, I say meh. They are solid I think but its annoying to belt the holster on with them and unless you're wearing black pants I think the odd thing running over your pants behind your belt draws more attention. I think the fat better solution would be to put a knife sheath, cell phone holder, key hanger near a regular clip to make it seem like part of it.

[​IMG]

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:rofl: :hug:

I personally don't like any of the specialty clips because they take the weight off of the belt and put it on the pants. So if you don't have very sturdy pants, they just droop (like with slacks).

Standard clips are the best and no one notices them.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

The velco actually stick quite firmly to the belt and I think do a decent job of keeping the weight on the belt. Unless you're wearing black pants though I think its far from stealthy.

I am completely in the market for a fat solution too though as you might be able to tell :big grin: