ive started my new tutorial again...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i needed a topic for my html web design class so im making a site devoted to car and home audio shiznat, its ultra rough right now but should be all CSS'd up and filled with lots of info at the end of the term

if you find that any info should be changed let me know and i will, i will update this thread as new information comes through and ill make a new thread when its completely finished. there will be gobs more sections and info in each 2.

http://roninusp.atspace.com

im going to most likely change hosts eventually 2 and probably just throw a real domain name at it as well and update it once a month, hopefully in the long run it will serve as a decent resource for n00bs and anyone looking for a complete resource center, plans are to have just about every piece of info you could imagine with outsourcing links going to every place ud need to look regarding the topic

PS yes, i know it looks ghetto right now, bear with me until i get frames and shit in there

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Ok I've actually made some progress, I've got 4 chapters done in the home section and I'm currently constructing a home audio FAQ as I post this.

The web site isn't what I would call cool looking but it currently gets the job done. I will also fill out the glossary soon and start working in the car section. I've finally got a bit of a format working so yeah when I've filled in more I'll deem it worthy of replacing the stickies i've made before.

Any feed back would be awesome.

http://roninusp.atspace.com

oh and please excuse the bit of a hung load time, I will most likely upgrade my host in the future to something like bravenet or better and buy a real domain.

PS: if you are wondering why there is some random shit in there it's because I used my HTML class to get motivated on putting this together. I had to fill certain prereqs for the final.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

didn't look at anything but the main page, but pretty cool looking. i like the idea, and it should be very helpful, considering the depth of your tutorials!

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

ok, just looked at the stuff on there. damn you're a busy bee!

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

so much fucking typing, good lord.

I started publishing the glossary already but its not going to work that way, basically i just threw content on for my instructor to look at.

I'm going to break the glossary down into alphabetical sections. So there is going to be like 10-15 glossary pages and then take certain terms and make them links to wikis and other web sites for further study.

Spring break starts next week for me so look for massive updates during this time. This thing will be huge.

I'm also going to start archiving problems from the forums, here and from other ones and making a troubleshooting archive so people can look up problems and find solutions without having to ask and wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  6. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Good stuff Ronin. Nice idea and nice work so far.