SRS i've smoked weed twice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Capicu, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capicu

Capicu New Member

2 times.

i was drunk both times.

last time was about 3 weeks ago.

i almost never get drunk. maybe a cup of wine with family every now and then but never hard liquor. i promised myself and others to never drink like that again.

i also smoked weed that night for the second time while i was drunk. i didn't get high. didn't get high the first time either ( 5 years ago).

but now i see weed everywhere on tv, i hear about it in the radio, i see people in my neighborhood smoking it. i hear them talking about it.

and now i want to do it again. but i can't find a logical explination.

i know it fucks with your head, i kno the long term side effects of just smoking period. ( i don't smoke)

i need help to stop me from doing it ever again, because i have this insane urge to smoke it. and i don't know why

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Addiction is really all about the obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors associated with using drugs. It is definitely possible to be an addict even though you've only used a few times. I know after I got a high a few times, I was definitely an addict, although I couldn't realize it at the time.

You should attend a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. See if you can relate to what others share about (try to focus on how they are feeling and the thoughts they share). Ask a few people if they have obsessed the same way you are obsessing now, I know I have. This could stop any potential addiction that may develop if you go now, save yourself the trouble.

3. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

maybe try smoking with no booze. see if its really worth the craving you have.

4. caribou

caribou New Member

drugs in general fuck with your body and its' neurotransmitters....Ive spoken to doctors and weed aint gonna kill you. dont feel guilty about wanting to smoke it, but make sure if you wanna smoke you do it for yourself and not cause peeps in your neighborhood do or whatever.

5. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

Don't smoke it ever again. I'm having trouble giving it up.

Weed makes you Lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. James Bond

James Bond Guest

True that! I smoked weed almost everyday for the last 2 years and reciently just quit for more than a month and I have lost a lot of motivation and also, i had very few dreams when i use to smoke weed.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

If you didn't get high either time you smoked, there's no reason you should be craving it.
    Weed doesn't invoke physical dependancy. It's all mental- weed makes you feel good, you like feeling good, ergo you like weed. :dunno:

8. knucks

knucks Active Member

Only reason I smoke is because I like the way I feel, it helps me let go for a bit and just relax. I by no means do it often, but it is a good thing once in a while for me.

9. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

This is a forum for drug addicts. We don't really require input from people such as you.

10. V!

V! New Member

The man smoked weed 2 times in his life

If this is a forum for drug addicts, the threadstarter shouldn't be in here

11. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

do you have stress in your life?

if not, I would surround yourself with different people and if you can, become occupied with things that remove you from the reminders of weed because it sounds like you might be heavily influenced from who you choose to associate with.

This won't remove the mention or persuasion to try weed completely, but at least you would be more occupied. I've had that nagging feeling that I just HAD to smoke after first getting off it for a few months, but that eventually goes away when you keep yourself busy

12. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Relax. A little weed won't kill you. Especially if you're smart. Like Adam Carolla used to say on Loveline: If you're smart, you can afford to smoke a little weed or whatever. But if you're one of those people who can barely function as it is, then you shouldn't be doing it.

You don't seem to have much of a problem with it though. I think maybe your problem is why you put yourself in a situation where you do stuff you don't want to do? Maybe you need to hang out with some different people. Or, you just feel the need to fit in and be cool, and you're not happy with who you are currently. I'm just guessing here.

Also, there is no way you can be an addict after smoking two times. That's RIDICULOUS. Sorry eligh.

13. 5secstrtcar

5secstrtcar Spot you 10, give you the move and still hand you

i have smoked for about a year and recently lost the love of my life and just lost interest in smoking. Its in the mind.

Stay away from it if it concerns you.

14. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Someone can be an addict after smoking two times, it's about the obsessive thoughts and compulsive action. Although unlikely, it's not impossible and not ridiculous. My obsessive thoughts and compulsive action began after smoking 2 times, although I wasn't ready to admit I was an addict.

15. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

12-step works for me, and it works for others. If someone comes in here seeking help and recovery from addiction, I'm going to recommend 12-step. If something else works for someone, and they are staying clean, great! However, if you want what we have and are willing to go to any lengths to get it, stick around and read more.

I'm tired of seeing stupid posts like "weed is cool, you just have to moderate." This forum is not for people who moderate their drug consumption, it's for addicts seeking a new way of life. If you post crap, I will delete it, end of story. I treat this forum basically like a meeting, if you don't have the desire to stop using, don't bother posting anything unless it's support.

16. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Basically, road to recovery is a forum for people involved in 12-step groups. That's the way it is.

17. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Understood, you'll know if you post "crap" in here because I will delete it. Opinions are welcome, however crap is not. I'm not really sure calling this forum a 12-step preachathon is really a "valid point," however your support of the commonly accepted concept of addiction is appreciated.

Anything arguing about the nature of the disease concept or addiction not being a problem has no place in this forum, period. Any attempted arguments on the validity or effectiveness 12-step programs really has no place here either. The rules were written clearly.

18. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I think this thread is beginning to sway off topic, and I take partial responsibility for that. However, if the thread starter would like to start a new thread updating us on his situation, he's more than welcome to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.