SRS I've sat here for 20 minutes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Seeders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

but i keep deleting everything i write.

im not happy. i dont know how to describe it. I dont know whats wrong. I dont know whats bothering me.

I had a great weekend with my friends, i did pretty well on my midterm today, i have nothing to really worry about. i have a good job, im not rich but i have enough money to get by.

its like im prone to depression because im used to being that way from childhood. My parents dont even bother me anymore on the occasions that we talk. My dad can still be an asshole but, i mean, he has no affect on me right now so its not him.

i feel underrated. i feel like i have a lot of good qualities that nobody ever seems to notice, and a few weaknesses that almost everyone judges me by.

but thats not really it either now that i think about it...because other people's opinions dont really matter to me in that sense. i should just be happy with myself because i enjoy the things i do...not because they impress someone else.

is anybody out there happy? i mean really? even if i become a complete success with what I love doing, will that mean that i'll be happy from then on? what is happy? Is it just being able to live through everyday without worry? Is it getting up in the morning and looking forward to everything you do? Why is it, at the end of a good day where I got lots done, that I go to bed wanting something else...not even knowing what that something else is?

I mean...i've lived up to the promises i made to myself when i was younger. I got to a good university. My major is truly one of my peak interests. Im in pretty good shape, and so is my life. so why isn't my mind?

and one last thing: dont recommend me pills.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i feel the same im never really happy keep looking for answers as to why good luck ur not alone! :wavey:
    EDIT: I misunderstood wat u were saying why are u that way?is taht wat ur asking?

3. Fachh

Fachh New Member

Try bikrams yoga

no joke

eases the mind

4. pretty_n_ink

pretty_n_ink New Member

I don't think everyone is ever happy all the time. Nor do I think that everyone is sad all of the time. Most of us live in the middle somewhere, some days are happy and some days we live just to get to another day.

You could be experiencing a lot of low days because you have a lot to live up to or you feel like you aren't reaching your full potential.

You stated that no one points out your good qualities. They only recognize the not so good points about you. Believe it or not, that happens to all of us. We don't get praise for doing the right thing but if we fuck up everyone seems to butt in and point it out. It sucks but that's how people are.

Why don't you try keeping a journal where you write down what you did and how you felt every day. Make sure that you point out how you felt about the good and bad things and how significant these things are. You'll likely see that you're normal. IMO, if no one else gives you credit you should be giving yourself credit anyway.. Lastly, mention the way you feel to your parents and friends. They'll hopefully understand and start praising and complimenting you more often. If they don't, then don't take it personally (even though it is personal to you), some people don't know how to give praise; their brains can only give negative credit.

Is that the kind of answer you were looking for? I hope you're feeling better about yourself. You've accomplished a lot, way more than I have. Feel proud! :)

5. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

see, i was just going to come make a thread about this.

i don't see the point in any of this anymore, life, accomplishments. they're all pointless. nobody cares, fuck i don't even care anymore. it's hard, it's not fun, usually doesn't amount to anything and if it does, you're still not happy then you die.

6. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

Life's a bitch and then you die.

Haven't you guys heard that before? Haha.

Seriously though, life is *not* a movie, even as much as we would like it to be. Take solace in knowing that other people feel the same way even if they won't admit it. Learn to appreciate the little things -- those are what make me the happiest.

7. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah, i got 100% on 'appreciate the little things' and kicked the shit out of the boss in like a month, maybe two. now what?

8. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

i get that feeling sometimes too...but im going to die anyway so i might as well see what else is in store you know?

9. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

i really try to do that.

10. bobsteve

bobsteve New Member

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I was pretty surprised when I read:

"i feel underrated. i feel like i have a lot of good qualities that nobody ever seems to notice, and a few weaknesses that almost everyone judges me by."

This is particularly frustrating considering the fact that there's not much you can really do to change other people's minds. If you do, they'll think you're trying too hard.

I've found that bicycling is my method of getting away and keeping myself in check. I just recently got into it...I've been biking every night around the city and I've noticed that my mood has been uplifting with every ride.

Maybe you should try to find something similar that is able to take your mind off of everything. It's funny, because we really like to think of it as "taking our minds off of everything," but in reality I'd be willing to bet that our minds are subconsciously working everything out, we're just not cognizant of it.

11. AlliMae13

AlliMae13 New Member

I know how ya'll are feeling...I just never wanted to admit it...Im not at a happy place in my life really. I havent been for quite a while.

I try to appreciate the little things and have been recently but there needs to be a hell of alot more of them to make me really happy... I have times where Im happy...but the second Im out of the situation or whatever it may be..Im not happy again.

Its frustrating

12. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

im glad i was able to get that across. biking sounds like a good idea, but i dont have one or really the money right now.

One thing that always puts me in a good mood is playing music. i absofucking love it. i feel like its what I should be doing with my life, but i still want to get this computer science degree right now.

ya exactly. like i was saying, this weekend while we were jamming i was as happy as could be, and the moment my friends left and i was alone i swung completely the other way.

13. bobsteve

bobsteve New Member

The moment you were left alone...?

Maybe it's time to look for a significant other?

14. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

I ask myself this question sometimes. I go out with friends go to school etc. but at the end of the day am i really happy? i have been reading and i have asked around and what i notice is that you must have something you have a passion for and would do anything in your power to make it happen. some examples are like my friend who spends almost 24 hours a day studying because he wants to become a researcher and find cures for dieseases that have no cure. he is happy all the time. maybe look for spirituality and god. my best friend, who is very religious, has an aura around him that everyone notices. he seems so happy and he is content and happy with his life.

maybe you can volunteer for a cause that you believe in. and maybe it can give you another prespective of how your life is better off and how you can make a difference in the world.

15. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

i found out yesterday the girl i was interested in is engaged :noes::rofl:

i dont know. if i met someone right i would go for it, but that hasn't happened for awhile.

16. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

perhaps i just need a better sense of accomplishment on a daily basis. for me i think the answer is in music so thats what i've been trying to concentrate on. School and work take up so much time that musical progress always feels slow, which is frustrating because its what im most interested in.

17. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Just came in here to say that i know how you feel because i am the same way.

Like one of the posters pointed out, i think it's because i am sad that I am not living up to my potential. I pictured myself doing better than I am now.

And about erasing your writings over and over, I do that a lot. It feels like I don't want to share it with strangers online because it makes me look weak, but it takes courage to write it out for the world to see. And it gets some nice responses and feedback that helps you see things you won't see yourself.

18. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

its not that im afraid to share, its just thats its really hard to explain correctly without giving a wrong impression.

19. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

what wrong impression? no one's gonna be judging u.

20. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

wrong impression meaning that what you think im saying isn't what im trying to say...due to my lack of satisfactory words.