SRS I've posted roommate issues before, this one is pretty legit though.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kev07, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

Yeah theres the messiness and all that other shit, but this one is seriously :wtf:

yesterday, i decided that i've had it with my roommate using my dishes and not washing them. Knowing that if i told him to wash it, it would take forever to happen and i had some free time that day, i washed all of my dishes and then stored it away in a box (Note: not a single thing was something i used). As a gift, there were 3 clean dishes of his in the dishwasher (i guess he decided to use my dishes before his own) so out of spite, i decided i would use those 3 dishes and put them in the sink.

i went to work today, came back and my bed was wet :ugh: (I smelled it and i think its just water) some shit on my desk and my speaker system has also been messed around with(unplugged shit etc etc)

This isnt the first time either, but last time i gave him the benefit of the doubt. this time :ugh:

so i confront him and this is the ensuing conversation:

me: do you happen to know why my bed is wet?
    him: cause i poured water on it ( i actually expected him to lie here, so this kind of threw me off :rofl:)
    me: and why the fuck would you pour water on my bed
    him: i dont know kev, why dont you ask yourself that before you ask me.
    me: the fuck is your problem?
    him: i dont want to talk to you
    me: i have to live with your ass for another 2 months so spill it
    him: its too late :)confused:) why dont you go back in the room and do your shit i dont want to talk to you okay.
    me: :confused: :mad:

the fuck am i supposed to do now, im rarely ever at the appartment which is why i dont really give a fuck what he does or doesnt do anymore, but if im going to leave the appartment worried about my shit, there is a fucking problem. :ugh:

bitch has had an attitude problem for a while now, so im not that surprised :ugh:

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

curb stomp.

Oh, and keep everything of yours locked away. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. But it's really the only thing you can do with out starting roommate wars if the person is that immature.

3. sundance424

sundance424 New Member

Got a friend/parents you can stay with? I'd get out now. Either that or be his bitch for 2 months.

The alternative is to smash all his shit and then mirror the conversation. Make sure to have a blunt object in your hand when you do it.

4. littlewing

littlewing fly on

Put a locking door handle on your door and keep it locked whenever you're gone. Take anything valuable and leave it with people you trust.

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

If you do not share a bed room, get a lock, put all your things in your bedroom and lock the door before you leave the apartment.

I had similar issues with my roommate... he stole $20 and would never do dishes or take the garbage out. But I got lucky and he failed out of college, so no more roommate for me!

6. Drifter87

Oh, just another important thing... if he moves out before you. Make sure you are home to watch him and NEVER let him back in.

My old roommate attempted to steal my pots, pans, dishes, computer monitor, ipod touch, PlayStation 3 games, etc... When I caught him, he argued that it was his stuff. Then I got a phone call a week later saying he left stuff in the apartment and wanted me to leave my key under the door mat.

Yeah, I let him come back, because he did leave some stuff behind that was his, but once again I was there to watch him, and once again he tried to steal my things.

7. roddick

roddick New Member

Lock everything up or if you are hardly there move most of your stuff out and crash at a friend's or with a gf some nights. The kitchen stuff I would definitely move out and buy some picnic plates/silverware crap.

If you wanted to try roommate wars, I would butter the floor in front of his door if its not carpet. I laughed so hard when I saw that on you tube years ago.

8. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I'm glad I live alone.

9. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

Have you seen full metal jacket?

10. Zephyr

Zephyr New Member

this.

this guy is batshit insane, do not fuck with him. lock all your shit away in something that cannot just be lifted away (portable safe :hsugh:). it sounds like he would actually try to physically harm you eventually, be wary about anything offered from him or anything that has been around him that you use while he wasnt there. this includes even your toothbrush.

11. weezyfbaby

weezyfbaby New Member

I woulda just been like well, I want to talk to you, why the fuck did you mess with my shit?

Why let him get away with acting like that?

But yeah, I had an old roommate who was like this to my other, better roommate (there were 4 of us, he was partnered in the other bedroom from me and my roommate, thank god). He was a slob, had some psychological problem so he was all over the place, very inconsiderate, and would leave dirty dishes in the sink nonstop. Actually, your story sounds just like something he would do.

I wish I could help you with a suggestion on something to appease the situation but sometimes people like this have no cure.

Good luck and thank your lucky stars you only have 2 months left.

12. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Put a lock on your bedroom door and just avoid/don't talk to him for the next 2 months. Sounds hard? Not really I did pretty much the same thing with my one roommate, after a terrible experience like this take some advice and live alone from now on I LOVED having no roomate it was worth the little bit of extra rent for peace of mind.

13. Drifter87

:werd: I was just ignoring my roommate in the end.

Living alone is the best. When you go to work and come back, your apartment is exactly the way you left it. Not suddenly trashed and smells like something died.