SRS I've lost feelings in my relationship.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LudaMan, May 16, 2006.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

I've been dating this girl named Emily for a year and a half. Around last January, I felt she was moving things way too quickly (she started talking to me about moving in, I wasnt ready, etc.), so she agreed to slow things down a little for me. I thought things were going well, but she said that I wasnt giving her the same involvement/commitment she was giving me. Well, we've been talking about these things for a couple weeks now, and I just feel like I've lost the feelings that I had.

I feel like a complete asshole for this. I've talked to my friends, mom and dad, and even a co worker, and they've all said the same thing. These kind of things happen, especially to someone as young as you (21). They say I'm still young and most everyone has had to go through this at one point in time.

I know its going to be hard, but I dont think we can salvage this relationship. I cant deny how i feel (or dont feel in this situation), and I'd only lead her farther in if I keep going. I guess I'm just afraid that either I will completely devastate her or i will regret my decision and wont be able to get her back. I told her on saturday night that I needed a few days to get my head straight and sort things out. I still dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

What you need to do is be truth to yourself because it is only when your true to yourself that you can be true to others. Since you don't feel anything for her step up and quit wasting her time and yours. Yes it will be hard and devistating for her. It has been proven that the dumpee has AN EXTREMELY HARDER TIME RECOVERING than the dumper. I noticed this first hand in my last relationship. Either way you need to keep communicating and be honest to her. She deserves someone who is more willing to commit and your not the one to be blunt.

Good luck on your endevors and just be honest. YOu seem to be already well on your way in the right direction and I hope this post helps.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Break it off with her. It might be not what she wants, but if you go along you'll be in a situation where you do NOT want to be in. This misery can go on for years and years because you haven't put your soul into your decisions but have been (mis)led by the forcive actions of this other woman. You take your own path and your own decisions in your life. Take the power of your life back where it belongs, namely in your hands. By doing this you will enable your life going the way YOU want it to go.

4. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Thanks for the responses, I guess I know what I need to do, just needed to hear it again. Going to talk to her tomorrow, wish me luck :hs: