I've done this in the past, but I'm not up to date (fat loss).

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Scythe, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scythe

Scythe Guest

Hey ya'll,

2nd post here on offtopic! I'm a stocky 200lb 5'6" (not as bad as you think, trust me) male , 22 years old. I've lost 30 lbs in 3.5 months a few years back, but due to health problems, weight accumilated back. Plus, the weight loss back then may have been some muscle, too.

Looking to lose fat, keep lean mass on, maybe grow it? Read the stickies, it comes down to...

-1 g protein / lb body ewight
    -Low carbs (~ 100?) , and 500 cals less than maintenence.
    -Plan on doing aerobics in AM (HIIT, then moderate for total of 1 hour)
    -Plan on lifting at dusk

Got myself a food scale, I have the discipline to eat strict without cheating (done it in the past). Only worry is retaining, or improving, the mass I have on now. I read part of it is nutrient timings...the hell is that? I've read the stickies and it is far too much information for me to comprehend.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm looking for a lean, with some mass, body , not a stereotypical body builders size (height is a reason why).

CLIFFS: The hell is nutrient timing, and any links to great diet for fat loss? I have read stickies.

2. SuperChode

SuperChode New Member

Nutrient timing is mostly unimportant except for your peri/post workout meal where it's important to get some quick protein. A good tip for moderating what you eat is to stop eating when you feel 80% full. It takes a lot of time for your body to recognize that it's full.

Do you plan on doing an hour of cardio in the morning every day and lifting every day as well? There's no way you could or should keep that up.

3. Scythe

Scythe Guest

I'm sorry, not everyday. Probably cardio 3x a week lifting 6x a week. Is that bad?

4. pollux

pollux OT Supporter

5. jfall

jfall Active Member

I'd probably stick with your plan but do low intensity cardio instead. Something like a 30-45 minute light cardio 4-6 times a week. Lifting 6 days a week is going to wear you down fast. 3-4 days should be plenty

It's easy to see why you gained most of the weight you lost back, you'll never stick to such a drastic routine.

6. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

6 days of lifting, 3 days of cardio and 3 days of abs switching from cardio and abs. Lift for 1-1.5 hours then hit some type of cardio for about an hour. Rinse wash repeat, oh and keep the calories low aka sub 2500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.