Ive concluded that the F&N forums hate home gyms, but I need help.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Golfer, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

I recently picked up a Body Solid EXM 1700S pretty cheap and I didn't get the little chart for the different shit I can do. Please dont bust my balls on how I should have gotten free weights from such and such for $100 or other shit. I just need help in developing some sort of routine and the exercises I can do on it to get my cut up. I'm 175 and 5' 11" and I'm just trying to cut up and build some decent muscles so I dont look like a skinny twig.
    This is what we are working with:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys
    :love:

2. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Sell it and use the money to buy a gym membership?

Honestly, I've never seen anyone make any real progress with one of those things.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Get a bench and a squat rack if you want to get visible results at home.

4. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

you guys are great thanks!

:ugh2:

5. C4

C4 OT OG Aussie #1

buy a bench and squat rack, and get a platform in your garage for oly lifts

ftw :o

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you said you want to beef up, people are telling you how.

7. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

to the threadstarter, what exactly is your question?

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

says it in the first post. he wants to know what routines he can do on this thing and how to do them.

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

With that thing you can do chest presses, lat pulldowns, rows, triceps press, leg press, leg extensions, and a few others...

but the thing is that, aside from pulldowns and tricep press, most of those exercises are machine-based and don't really offer you the same quality of a workout you'd get with some simple freeweight equipment and certainly wouldn't produce the results you seek in terms of looks at the same rate or with the same quality or benefits.

10. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

There is gonna be some kind of progress...he's still gonna be lifting weights...if this is what gets him started then great! Use it till you get a chance to get a membership or buy some freeweights. Look in the training logs at what type of exercises people are doing and apply it to that machine...mostly work on your food intake/diet.

11. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

So stabilizing the free weights is beneficial to the point home gyms are worthless other than the things you mentioned.

12. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

thanks for at least understanding whats going on. My gym membership followed me around on my key chain for an entire year without being used. Mostly because I only go with a gym partner and with my shit schedule I'm no longer able to go with him. Gym membership didn't work hence home gym.

Regardless this thread is becoming exactly what I wasn't looking for, I came in here knowing exactly what you guys would say so why make 3 pages of what I should have done instead of being helpful.

13. jessb20hatch

Welcome to F&N

14. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

:hug: thanks

Sounds like the rest of OT to the tenth degree

15. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

You have goals which you asked for advice on attaining, I gave you answers. Sorry, I won't let it happen again :hsugh:

Machines aren't worthless at all but when used out of conjunction with freeweights you will not reap the same benefits.

16. jessb20hatch

hence the reason why some of the experienced ones are leaving this forum

17. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

18. jessb20hatch

who gives a flying fuck about the most effective way when it comes to someone who is obviously new to the subject and is wanting to improve their health...even if the goal is to get bigger. Let them get comfortable with lifting on a shitty machine then feel confident to get another gym membership and train without a partner...everyone doesn't start from day one as an elite

19. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

Your first post was exactly what I stated I didnt need or want.

How about saying, "bench and pull downs on monday, squats and leg shit on tues, rows and curls on weds for arms, weighted crunches and jerking off on thurs for abs and stress relief and shrugs and pull ups on friday for good measure"

Change that shit to real workouts and things I can do on there and you will really be helpful. Thanks

20. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:rofl: you need someone to make up a routine for you? Read the noob thread like everybody else. It has everything you need to know. Posting threads like this will only get you criticism on your choices, not get people to make those choices FOR YOU.

21. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

It's not what you want to hear, but you'll need to use free weights at some point. Machines like that don't offer you any of the important compound movements that you will need if you ever want to put on any real size. There's nothing wrong with home gyms, just machines. Seriously, all you need is a rack, bench, and olympic weight set.

22. jessb20hatch

how the hell do I know...ask him...give advice based on the knowledge that you have...he doesn't have free weights, he has a home gym. I agree that it's not the best of the best but maybe come up with ideas for other stuff he can do at home to pick up where the machine lacks...oh christ i'm tired and going to bed.

23. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

The noob forum helps if I have access to other shit. Obviously I cant follow a routine that says do skull crushers and turkish getups on monday and tuesday if Im working with the body solid.

24. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

and free weights will come with time to shut everyone up but in the MEANTIME, what kind of shit should I be doing?

25. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

I think everyone here is forgetting that Chuck Norris promotes the Total Gym
    [​IMG]
    Which proves that not all home gyms are worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.