SRS I've been started on low dose Zoloft.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Apr 15, 2010.

1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

What's your opinion of the drug ??

2. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

fuckin thing sucks

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:ugh: Then why is it so popular ??

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It'll make you feel like shit for 2 weeks, and then you suddenly feel a lot better (usually). Unless of course it is a really low dose.

5. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I've been on it for about a week now.

6. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

I ask myself this question about many things every day.

IMO for most people pills aren't the answer to depression. They only hide some of the symptoms.

7. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I hope to God it does something for me.

8. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

That's all you should really expect from them. A crutch to help you out, then you fix your life up.

:dunno:

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

eyob, there's 3 directions in life, going down the drain, standing still and moving forward. Stop letting yourself falling into a constant deeper mess in your life, at least understand that you need to always crawl out of the hellhole that you've created for yourself. Read tons of intellectual books that can make your life go forward, and ditch everything in your life that takes you down.

10. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

It never made me feel any better. Neither did Paxil. Fuck SSRIs. They don't work for everyone.

11. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I sleep less, but that seems to be a good thing. I don't feel groggy when getting up for work. And once I swallowed the low dose pill without water and felt nauseous. I'm going to see someone in 10 hours about my situation. They might put me in a stress program or something. Maybe more or less meds, maybe different meds. They are basically a higher authority of the person that gave me Zoloft and they have better resources to help me out.

I have anxiety/depression (maybe ADD). I'm a 26 year old virgin, never been socially close to a woman. I have no friends and never had friends. I've failed at socializing, school, work, Marine Reserves, and now I'm in the Active Army Infantry and I'm failing at that. They believe me to be suicidal, and they are currently trying to help me (or kick me out).

I want to feel like I can talk to people; I want to have confidence in myself; I want to be able to think straight and become a productive member of society.

People telling me to be optimistic is just people talking. I'm sick of it. I'm just lazy and don't want to try, and in this case, many would say if I'm not willing to try and I'm not satisfied with my life, I probably should just end it. I've told the army that I could not emotionally push myself to end my life, but I have thought about it logically. If I can't fix my life, then I might need to end it.

12. HatShapedHat

HatShapedHat Active Member

geico's insurance isn't the greatest but their commercials are...

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Never expect a pill to change your life.

14. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Go see a therapists bro. Seriously, at least it's someone who will truly listen to your issues and help cast some light on the issues and what you can do about it. Nothing to lose right?

15. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I just saw a psychiatrist about 5-6 hours ago. They want me to continue the meds and start thinking positive. They said the meds will do some work, but I have to do the rest myself. I feel confident that I will try and perhaps become a more confident/optimistic person, given a month or two.

16. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I missed last nights dose. I'm about to take tonights dose.

17. EYOB

EYOB Guest

18. johan

johan Active Member

Follow direction and continue seeing your psychiatrist.
    Continue taking whatever meds are prescribed for you.

Whatever someone's philosophical objections to meds, you're someone who, right now, needs meds to help jumpstart & effect change.

You should not be on them forever, and likely you will not be.

But for now? Follow medical direction from your physicians.

19. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

DUR! It's the multi-billion dollar companies that can absorb billion dollar fines for illegal marketing and invent sub-corporations to take the criminal charges (this actually happened with Pfizer). Not only are the drugs marketed to the consumer but also the doctor. They offer incentives to doctors to prescribe their expensive brand-names.

The actual method of action in the body for most psychiatric drugs hasn't even been proven. On the box: "It is presumed that this medication works via...[the selective inhibition of the re-uptake of serotonin in the synapse etc.]"

My opinion is that that entire class of drug is bullshit. The drugs have been proven to only be twice as effective as placebo. You can also bet your ass that the major pharmaceutical corporations know how to tinker with the studies to make them show more positive results from their drugs without it being noticable.

Drugs with such a low therapeutic efficacy shouldn't even be marketed, but alas, there are billions to be made marketing to the psychological insecurities of idiots.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  20. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Twice as well as a placebo is better than nothing so... Meh.

21. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Euro, you pretty much just quoted what was in that link I posted.

22. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

[​IMG]

I am consistently a more happy person and have not fallen into a real depression that I felt out of control of since. I find conflict resolution even easier and have to hold back empathy at times (meaning it made me more connected to my peers). I am not clinically depressed (that I know of). Just saying.

Zolof has shown fantastic results in some people. I do agree with the above poster to some extent in that often people are missmedicated.

23. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Where did you go to med school?

24. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

25. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

How about you offer some sort of rebuttal to what I said? I don't have to have gone to med school to make correct, verifiable statements.

Hurf!:o How about trying to explain how I am wrong instead of trying, half-assedly, to discredit me, hmm?