IUSR_MACHINENAME question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by yoloo, Aug 11, 2004.

1. yoloo

yoloo hi

hum...when people type my ip address in the address bar of a browser, a login window keeps on popping up; i have iis running on xp pro and the IUSR_ account is enabled for anonymous access to iis...

can someone give me some setup suggestions? i forwarded port 80 to the server computer already;

also, if i have a virtual directory with alias "MySite" will xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/MySite/index.html work if i have a index.html file in the folder where the virtual directory is pointed.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

The location of your website on the hard drive must also give access to that user - under the security tab.

3. yoloo

yoloo hi

cool i tried that and it works; thanks a lot prelude.

hum...do you know how to find out how many current sessions are running? like how many people (and who they are ips) are connected to my server? i'm using IIS 5.1 win xp pro.

thanks again man.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I'm not up on the latest IIS, but there should be a log that you can turn on to track people's movements. As far as a real time display, don't know, but you could run netstat -an to list any connections to your computer (including non IIS services).