itunes shared network

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paranoidandroid, Jan 15, 2009.

1. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

how do you set your itunes so that it can be shared by people around you. when i am in itunes there are other libraries that i can view, but they can't view mine. thanks.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

wow thats gay...

so you can just see it? you cant share the music files? how stupid.

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

ignore codex, he's worthless.

did you turn sharing on on your computer? click edit -> preferences, go to sharing tab and make sure checks are in both "look for shared libraries" and "share my library on my local network." also, make sure "share my entire library" is selected as well. then click ok.
    if you already have it set to share your library, try turning it off and clicking ok and then going back in and turning it back on. it is also possible that some local firewall settings are blocking you from sharing files out.

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Except when I help tons of people on this forum. I never see you helping anyone with programming problems, or are homework problems from intro level CS classes above your head? :rofl:

5. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

6. critter783

critter783 OT Supporter

A Trouphaz post is typically worth more than your life.

7. CodeX

CodeX Guest

lol @ popularity contest.

I don't care if you people like me but I help more people here than trouphaz does

8. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

Not a popularity contest. You're closed minded and rude to many more people than you help. I'm not a programmer, so yeah, intro CS stuff is beyond me. I empties all of that stuff out of my head after getting my degree 8 years ago.

Anyway, back to the thread. Was sharing enabled already?