iTunes playing music when using remote

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bigman7903, Apr 18, 2007.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I have ripped the majority of my CD's onto my computer (mp3 format) so that i wouldn't have to transport all my CD's to school. I have a MBP 15' core duo.

I recently had knee surgery and it requires me to use a CPM machine for 9 hours a day, so i have started to use the little remote control that works with iTunes.

Now my question is why is iTunes (that screen that comes up using the remote) telling me it will only play certain songs. For example i can play the entirety of Tool's album Lateralus, but it will not allow me to play any song off Aenima. It says that my computer is not authorized to play this song and if i want to, i have to purchase it from the iTunes store.

iTunes has no issues playing the song when i use a mouse or the touchpad in the normal iTunes format, but it gives me grief when i use the remote and the screen associated with it.

:wtf: Whats up here? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I have iTunes 7.1.1 if that makes any difference

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i get that sometimes. it usually happened if i was running my full library, but didn't have my external hdd plugged in. i still get this sometimes too. try restarting itunes? i haven't found a fool proof way of fixing this either.

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

oh, btw - the 'itunes' you are opening with the remote, that program is called Front Row. you can also access this on your keyboard by pressing cmd+esc.

4. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

yeah, i have the external hdd too, this is probably my issue, thanks

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I still havent figured this out, i do not know what is causing it, its def. not the external HDD. :wtc: