iTunes n00b question v.iPod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Glitch, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Glitch

Glitch Da Pulp

So I've got this new MacBook thingy i got this weekend and I'm already getting the hang of it pretty well. I'm still iLife-challenged though, so I pose a question about iTunes library: if I bought a 30GB iPod Video refurb from apple.com in the near future, could I run my iTunes library off of it entirely without keeping the tracks on my laptop? I have an 80GB on the 'Book but I've only got 10GB free already thanks to Boot Camp + Parallels, so I'd like to run my music externally. I know it's not plug and play to take shit back off of an iPod, but I can work around this, yes? :x:

2. Glitch

Glitch Da Pulp

oh, and i have a windows desktop that the music will be migrating from. now that i think about it.. maybe it would be the easiest if i consolidated all of my music to one folder that's read/write shared... organized it there, and redirected my iTunes library there and played over the network while at home, off the iPod through iTunes in the field? :dunno:

3. Glitch

Glitch Da Pulp

hmmm... there's one piece of the puzzle :big grin: thanks lol

4. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

Yeah, there are a number of utilities that will dump your ipod back to your computer.