iTunes BS

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ChaosTheory, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory New Member

i downloaded some free songs from the pepsi bottle caps and now the damn program wont let me burn them to disk. it put them in a stupid mpeg4 format, so none of my programs will burn it. and i cant find any converters because it doesnt recognize it as an audio file.

any ideas on how to convert it or burn it. it pissing me off. plus my itunes doesnt like to work, so whenever i plug in my ipod it will freeze so i have to wait forever before it will work again. i get the same crap when i try to burn a cd it takes forever, but this just keeps telling me i cant burn them.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

itunes music files are protected... you can create a playlist in iTunes and burn that to a CD via the itunes interface.

3. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

4. zabuni

zabuni New Member

5. darla

darla Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through

You can burn the track to a CD first in CD Audio format, then convert the track from CDA back to MP3. Then you won't have it in that "stupid mpeg4 format".

6. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory New Member

any idea why it wont let me burn it in itunes. idk if its just my computer or what. whenever i plug my ipod in it freezes up so im taking my computer to get looked at because a lot of stuff is messed up on it.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if you can, format and re-install. It's the best way to get a squeeky-clean box without the hastles. Backup your music so you don't lose it!

8. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory New Member

id like to reformat it but since its an HP its supposed to be able to reformat without a disk... well mine wont do that, i reformated it once, and the system32 files were erased as well, so i had to get a tech to look at it and reinstall everything. all my music is on my ipod though so its pretty much safe its in a folder on the actual hard disk that you can only get to through a computer

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I would grab an XP CD and install manually. The image that HP bundles on their drives isn't the greatest, and is very bloated.

Is it XP Home? If so, I have extra OEM CD's that you can use your legit key with.