MIL ITT: Post memories of boot camp you will never forget.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WildBull, Jun 18, 2009.

1. WildBull

WildBull Guest

When I was in Marine Boot camp...

I was getting quarter decked and the senior drill instructor came up to me while I was doing push ups and placed his cover (smokey bear hat) under my chest and told me that I "better not fucking let my body touch his cover or he's going to put me in the hospital" :noes:

go go go...

2. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

so what happened after that.

3. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

I have a similar story, but from band camp.

4. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

The Port-a-Pit.

Our platoon fuck-up was Recruit Smith. You know the one guy in every platoon that everyone else swears was an ASVAB waiver? This guy was for real; he had to be helped every morning getting his cammies on. How he made it to boot camp, much less as far through training as he did, will forever be a mystery to me.

Needless to say, he quickly earned his own star on the Quarterdeck Hall of Fame. When second phase rolled around, we headed north to Pendleton for range week. One afternoon, we were in the bleachers outside getting one of our shooting classes. Smith was in the top row, and with the sun beating down and lunch freshly in the belly, he was asleep fast. The drill instructor caught the first snore, rushed around to the front and screamed, "SMIIIIIIIIIIITH! GET THE FUCK DOWN HERE!" Now, where these bleachers were at was a large expanse of concrete. At the time, drill instructors weren't allowed to pit you on concrete. We had all turned around to watch the drill instructor rapidly shifting left and right, looking for a solution that didn't involve going very far. He glanced at the bleachers, then hollered, "SMITH, GRAB THAT FUCKING SANDBAG NOW!" Smith grabbed it and brought it to him. "OPEN UP MY FUCKING SANDBAG NOW! DUMP IT OUT!" Smith did so. "NOW GET IN MY FUCKING PIT AND FLUTTER KICKS UNTIL YOU DIE!!" Smith dropped himself onto this little pile of sand and flutter kicked like it was nobody's business. We all got a good chuckle out of it until we got caught, then turned around and the PMI finished the class. From behind us, we later heard, "Smith, secure my fucking pit right now!" We didn't turn to look, but didn't need to. We could all hear Smith scooping up the sand and dropping it back in the bag. He came back around, with the sandbag in his hands, and sat down for the rest of the class.

From then on, anytime Smith was called out to be quarterdecked, even in the squad bay, the drill instructor would yell, "Smith, get my fucking port-a-pit now!" That was his cue to grab the sandbag, wherever we were at, dump it out and throw himself on top of it. He brought it with him back to San Diego, and had it just about everywhere we went, right up until he was dropped for 'failure to adapt'.

5. bacdo

bacdo New Member

navy boot camp -

in my division we had a really dirty fuck that did not know how to shower, brush his teeth and I'm pretty sure that he never changed his socks. This dude stunk like shit basically. A group of 6 guys had to shower him (he was totally naked) with cloths and a bristle brush while the Commander supervised. Everyone else in the division was forced to walk by the showers and breifly watch... It was pretty fucked up now that I think about it but it was funny at the time.

6. Julius

Julius Guest

We had five guys who decided to go to the rec center and PX when we were cleaning the bays one Sunday. They were caught, of course. The DS declared that they were "individuals" and would therefore be collectively referred to as "The Fab Five."

These guys got every fire watch, detail, and randomly got the everliving shit smoked out of them for the last two weeks of basic. They had their own special PT formation where they would sprint, bear crawl, crab walk, and do power jumps. They looked like they were about to fucking die during each PT session, I can't really put the hilarity of it into words.

7. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

Final Drill prep all the platoons were watching the other platoons etc etc

Another platoon was doing column of files and the sqd leader stepped right instead of left (or maybe it was the other way). The DI thrown his sword at him, I don't think he might to hit him but it did. It stuck in his calf and I yelled out "HOLY FUCKING SHIT". That got the entire platoon pitted, the MPs came, there was a huge investigation etc etc

The kid still graduated with us, but on crutches.

8. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Stupid kid pointed his rifle in the face of someone else in a different platoon. Drill Sergeants found out about it and the next time I saw him he had his rifle replaced by a stick with a 550 cord sling and pinecones in his grenade pouches.

9. WildBull

WildBull Guest

Another USMC boot-

I was getting quarter decked yet again for "saving" one of our recruits from getting 1/4 decked constantly. The drill instructor told me to do diamond push ups until he told me to stop. He kept going in and out of the Drill Instructor 'house' (office) and came back and started whispering in my ear:

DI: "[[insert name here]]] What are diamonds? "
    me: "This recruit doesn't know sir!!"
    DI: "WHAT ARE DIAMONDS ___name___"??
    me: "THIS RECRUIT DOES NOT KNOW SIR!""
    DI: [name] WHAT ARE DIAMONDS???
    me: A GIRLS BEST FRIEND SIR?????
    DI: (turns head and chuckles away from me) (whispering) "Forever bitch"
    me: AYE SIRRR!!!!

:wtc:

10. WildBull

WildBull Guest

:bowrofl: getting pitted after a DI threw a sword into a recruit

11. Off

Off Memento Mori

:rofl: so many

Friday morning, zero dark thirty, in the field, havent slept all week, we're getting a couple hours of rack finally. I gotta piss so I leave the field shack. I really gotta piss now so I start running to the shitters

''You fucking going AWOL Butch?''
    ''No Sergeant, I have to use the bathroom.''
    ''Bathroom? There's no fucking bathrooms for fucking miles. All we got out here is shit rockets. Cant let you go too far on your own, follow me, we're gonna go get your buddies.''

Im like aw fuck at this point, I was the ultimate grey man before that night, had never fucked up or cost the platoon anything, so I figured it was my time to get owned. The instructors are already outside the field shack ready to go so at least I know im just the fall guy :o

''Stand right there at attention Butch. Alright guys lets do it.''

They throw a couple of grenade simulators into the shack, blow some artillery simulators on the road and shoot off some blanks and the Sgt goes in yelling like a maniac. Everybody gets onto the road with their rucks, my fireteam partner brings me my shit, I can see his face is like :squint:

''Shit rockets are not good enough for Pte Butch, so we're gonna go on a little walk to find him a proper 'bathroom'.''

I was probably glowing red with embarassment at this point, all I remember from that march is that it sucked, it was raining, cold, long and the Sgt's 'marching' pace was a running pace for anyone else, he was the angry 5'7'' midget ex-airborne regiment, ex-JTF-2 been to Afghanistan 11ty times type, great man though.

Worst part is that we never even went anywhere near a bathroom and I still had to piss, so on the way back I said fuckit and began piss-running with a ruck on, funny now but man that was a bad week overall :o

12. Julius

Julius Guest

what the fuck :bowrofl:

13. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

I have a bunch of em.

USMC OCS -

We had just finished a company forced march and we were standing around getting ready to do the LRC and my platoon sergeant instructor was pacing behind us and he stopped behind this one candidate in another platoon and slapped him right on the back. Scared the shit out of this kid. My sergeant instructor had just killed a spider on this guy's back and he gets up in his face and says real fuckin intense:

S.I. - "You see that? That was on your back. You owe me a three hundred word essay on how I just saved your life!"
    Candidate - "Yes Staff Sergeant!"

Everyone who heard that nearly shit themselves trying not to burst out in laughter. It was priceless.

They don't give officer candidates pushups for punishment but make them write a 300 hundred word essay. Doesn't sound like a big deal but you can only write it during "Your" time which means sleeping time. And they make you do all sorts of shit in the essay that makes writing it take at least an hour and a half. Seriously. Get two of those in one night and you don't sleep. They sucked.

14. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

wtf??? :rofl:

My memories aren't nearly so dramatic...

15. cbs_24

cbs_24 OT Supporter

I can't wait.

16. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

Walking out of the dorm, I looked through the window to the flight across the hall from us. I see one of our old TI's running around with a towel tied around his neck with his arms out like superman making his trainee's do push ups.

17. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

:rofl:

18. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

:( We got the living pissed smoked out of us in Army OCS.

Best smoking I remember we got was during one of our weeks in the field, the 1SG had marched all the Candidates off into the woods, away from the Officer TAC's and began to smoke the living shit out of us for "rat fucking" the MRE boxes. Apparently he was pissed that all that was left in the boxes were the cheese omelet MRE.

God that shit sucked.

19. thekinggovernor

all through out SOI, Marines would screw with my by yelling "HOOOOOLLLLLYYYY FUUUCCCKKKKKKING SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT" everytime anything out of the ordinary would happen

20. intoxique1

intoxique1 New Member

Am I the only one in here that was surpised at having to get 40 swinging dicks through a 6x6 shower space for hygeine in less than 8 minutes??

21. thekinggovernor

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

22. WildBull

WildBull Guest

I hated how the Drill Instructors would watch us shower in the beginning.

23. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:buttsex:

24. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

All these made me :rofl:

25. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Oh man. Good thread.