MMA ITT: name all the lower mainland (vancouver) mma gyms

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by seanjohn, May 29, 2008.

1. seanjohn

seanjohn i like to lurk, so DIAF OT Supporter

i know this topic has prolly been done to death. i apologize but i really need to get a comprehensive list going with the location and amount they charge per month.

i only have 2 months off in the summer that i can actually train so i really want to do my research on what gyms are best suited for me and my situation.

the first gym i WAS gonna go to, gibson's, is now too expensive for me (a working/starving student) at 250 a month and me thinks at that price some of the good training will be wasted on me, a total noob. so because im a noob, im looking for location (prefer around coquitlam area) and value.

trust me, i already did some research and i wouldnt be asking here unless i really need the cage crew's help.

i'll start the list: (prices are for month to month, and not contract since i wont be able to do that)

place, city & price
    gibsons, port moody @ $250/month
    universal, vancouver (dt) & richmond @ $100/month (1 discipline), $135/month (2 disciplines), $155/month (3 disciplines)
    raptor, maple ridge @ ???/month
    kel lee's, vancouver (renfrew & 1st)@ $100/month
    franco's, vancouver (fraser str) @ $85-$125/month
    revolution, surrey @ $150/month
    cocoon athletics, vancouver @ ???/month
    suitlela, surrey @ ???/month
    creative fighter's guild, richmond @ (not sure if they do month to month)

this is my research so far but if you see anything im missing or anything wrong please feel free to add or correct.

if i didnt live out in coquitlam i'd be trying out universal since the price is right and the instruction seems top notch but since i do, im thinking of doing kel lee's the first month, which is not bad since it is off the highway. then gibson's for the second month. this would cost me $350 before equipment and it wouldve been lower in price compared to my original plan of ginson's for 2 months when they were offering it for $200/month.

2. seanjohn

oh, and i will be taking advantage of the free trial classes of my top 3 choices just to check it out. hell, ill even take trial classes from places i know i wont be going to see what im missing out on.

3. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

i live in surrey and i go to revolutions.

4. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

Dynamic MMA: BJJ black belt Adam Ryan (under marcus soares) and Joel teaching kickboxing.

Cambie st in Vancouver across from Oakridge.

$125 UNLIMITED. Give it a shot, 1 free week, tell em that i referred you.

5. CRaiNK

CRaiNK ЧЕМПИОН

ill tell them Ben Greer sent me. lol

6. seanjohn

oakridge is pretty far but the schedule is the best out of all the places i would want to go to.

is $125 for month to month or for contract?