its your fault we get more garbage than good on the wii.

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Unempowered, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Unempowered

Unempowered Guest

the large percentage of wii/ds owners are to blame for the shortage of quality software. and no. dont even try throwing out some garbage mini game set. its nothing but trash.

in the first few months heres what 2 fantastic (albiet violent) games sold.

Madworld - 66,000

GTA: Chinatown Wars - 84,000

compared to the insanely high sales figures of garbage like wii play or wii fit. its your fault theres no real games to play on these systems anymore. i got both seeing how ive been nintendo faithful for 20 years, and it sickens me to look at either library, mainly the wii.

when a good game that actually took effort releases and no one buys it, naturally the companies will just continue to crank out pure trash because its cheaper for them and somehow an idiotic public manages to make it sell better.

im sure punchout wont even do that well. its hopeless at this point. an overall solid wii library is just too much to hope for because of you people and your horrible taste.

2. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

I was gonna come in and trash you, but you speak the truth.

Fuck the Wii

3. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

people buy resident evil and zelda on the wii, they are the anomaly. No one is going to buy the same type of games that are better on the other systems. I really dont care much for those games, I would rather have unique type of software I cant get on the other 2.

4. sony

sony Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (mogLOL: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

both the games you mentioned are profitable so lol

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

If those games were worth a damn then I'd agree with you. I'd rather play New Super Mario Bros Wii than any of that "adult" crap they try and put on the Wii.

6. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:ugh: So because developers make Wii games as quickly as they can, putting minimum effort in, it's the fault of the consumers for not wanting to play that POS?

I think the gimmicky controller as a standard controller, lack of horsepower (New Super Mario Bros Wii is pushing the Wii to it's limit... that is quite sad, imo) and it's target demographic of non-gamers are the main problems with the Wii.

I think most people who grew up with Nintendo are realizing that they don't want to play the same game they've been playing for the past 20 tears.

7. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

that reminds me, I think I bought a wii nearly 2 years ago.

8. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

WiiFuck

9. juvental604

If you look at the release lists theres more high quality 3rd party games coming this year than any other year. So the sales are not the problem. Really what the 3rd parties need to do is appeal to both audiances at the same time; that can be accomplished with mature titles also.

the only audiance wii has trouble with is hardcore internet forum users. Everyone else seems to enjoy it. Those faggots cant even admit tiger woods is better on the wii.

Games with high production values do sell better than quick cash ins on the wii.

In conclusion there will be sequels to new ips like madworld (no more heroes 2 is coming soon) and they will likely sell better as the wii grows to 70 mil by next year.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  10. sony

sony Active Member

audience only has one a in it

maybe they should make a wii spelling bee game for you :cool:

11. juvental604

advicedogisgaydience
    you can ask fazle for a auto spell check for christmas

12. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

People buy Nintendo games, isn't that really the point? No More Heroes was a success (300k) and is getting a sequel in 2010.. Punch-Out!! will be a million seller. Madworld did alright (200k). GTA: Chinatown Wars is at half a million :)hsugh:).

The problem is that people use the Wii/DS image as an excuse to just pirate all the "hardcore" games. I like to participate and I vote with my money. I've bought all aforementioned games.

It's all perception. NSMB Wii was Eurogamer's game of E3, btw. The previews kind of make it seem that people do, in fact, still want to play these games. Just took at the reception of Punch-Out!!
    I do. I'm not phobic of the Wii like every other insecure "gamer" on these forums.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  13. juvental604

The problem is that people use the Wii/DS image as an excuse to just pirate all the "hardcore" games. I like to participate and I vote with my money. I've bought all aforementioned games."

theres just as much piracy on the 360 so its not an excuse

14. sony

sony Active Member

don't act like you wouldn't be hyped about a M+ supported spelling bee game :rolleyes: you and mdisen would be tongue kissing over the announcement

15. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

I'd play. The objective would be to stand as awkwardly as possible while spelling your word. You would definitely need Wii Speak support.

16. sony

sony Active Member

fuck yeah. espn's ratings proved that spelling bee is the most popular up and coming sport in america.. already more popular than nhl so it makes a lot of sense :bowdown:

17. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Oh, there is no doubt that I would like to play it... it's just the same stuff we've been playing for a while, that's all :hs:

18. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

You should buy (or steal :sad2:) Bit.Trip.Beat or Punch-Out!!

True, I hope to see some new ideas out of Nintendo for MotionPlus. Seems like NoA has dropped the ball on localizing some of the more obscure titles, though.

19. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

a lot of the wii hardcorew titles sell well over time vs making a blockbuster hit day 1