SRS its time, i will not be smoking on my 21st bday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by slfmade, Feb 7, 2007.

1. slfmade

slfmade New Member

my 21st bday is april 1st. i have been smoking cigarettes since i quit dipping 2 years ago. its a disgusting habit, i hate the smell of cigarette smoke and think its disgusting when all of someones clothes, car, or house smell like cigarettes. i got a new car 2 weeks ago and will not be having it smell like smoke.
    got class in 30 minutes and after that hitting up walmart for nicoderm cq step 1 patches. shits expensive but i dont foresee me having a problem with this, everything else that i have quit up to this point has been cold turkey and have done all of that successfully, with help i dont think tobacco stands a chance.
    yesterday i smoked 2 cigarettes and only smoked about 60% of each one, not sure why just didnt want them. if i go to the bars and drink though i can smoke 2 packs and not even think about it. i really dont smoke a bunch until i start drinking.

anyone got any tips or suggestions? ive been reading online for a while this morning about it. ive been thinking about quitting for a while but decided this morning when my dad emailed me and at the end of the email told me to quit and i decided it was time.

here i go :noes:

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

good luck!

3. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

I was a smoker for almost 20 years. When I decided to quit, it took time. This is the most important thing.
    Keep quitting. If you ever break down and have a pack, start again with the quitting. It takes practice to quit. One day it'll stick and you'll be free. I still have days where I'm in a gas station looking at the smokes and wishing I still smoked. It gets easier with time.

4. spectre

spectre New Member

good luck dude you're making a wise choice

5. Aradia

Aradia New Member

Good luck to you! I want to quit too...:hs:
    Been doing cardio and lifting weights. It's really counter-productive! You can do it!

6. slfmade

slfmade New Member

1 week update
    this has been surprisingly easy. i have not smoked a cigarette in 7 days and have not been using any patches or gum or anything, just cold turkey.
    i have been kind of under the weather so this could be the reason but the past 3 days cigarette smoke has smelled incredibly horrible, enough to make me leave the area of the smoke, im not sure if it is this small cold or what but it just smells gross, nothing like i know a cigarette smells.
    i have gone out to bars and such, where i usually do most of my smoking, and have no problem not smoking cigarettes, i dont know why i didnt do this earlier, everyonce in a while during intoxication i get a small urge to smoke a cigarette but it is easily ignored.
    i can honestly say it has only been a week but i feel better, i feel like i can breath easier and everything, i will keep you guys updated as time goes on but i think this one is in the bag!
    :bigthumb:

7. slfmade

slfmade New Member

2 days away from a month, good bye cigarettes!

i can tell a noticeable difference since i have stopped smoking cigarettes. besides the fact that i no longer smell like cigarettes, i can tell that my lungs are doing better and my lung capacity has increased when i smoke weed now, it also just makes me feel better.
    only thing that i hate about quitting is how now i am extremely annoyed and disgusted by the smell of cigarettes now. it isnt the act of smoking it is just the smell of cigarettes, they now just smell FUCKING HORRIBLE, i dont know how to explain this but it is really really bad. has anyone else had this problem?

8. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

keep it up!

9. deathbystereo

deathbystereo New Member

good job. do what you need to.