SRS It's so ironic. It really is.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tenxia, Jun 13, 2007.

1. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Facilities guy, Sudan-ese immigrant, one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life, was found in his apt on the floor last Monday because he didn't show up for work, didn't call in etc. he was off the previous week because he was very sick.

Anyway, they took him to the hospital (emergency, then ICU). Diagnostics show high blood sugar (he's overweight) and diabetic. They release him a few days later with advice on how to take care of himself. So he went home to rest.

Fast forward to today, found out this morning he passed away. I was so shocked, I'm kinda dazed now because I knew the guy. He's one of the most well-liked employees because he was so cheery. I talked to him quite a lot, saw him all 1.5 years I've been here.

I saw him at the hospital the first 2 days he was there (south Austin hospital)…he seemed like he would turn out ok.

The guy got his citizenship a few years ago, the whole company celebrated with him… new life in America but I guess God had another say in the matter.

It's ironic that he lived through the war in Sudan, got out, and came to America to realize the American dream, only to have diabetes take his life so early.

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Hey, maybe that was his fate or destiny. You may think his life was cut short, but yet I can tell from your message he touched your life and others by being nice to others. That's more accomplishment then a lot of other people can say.

I think it would be nice if I were to pass away right this minute, that someone else would look favorably on the time they spent with me just like that.

3. keleko

keleko yes, he is

i had a snarky response all typed up, then saw what section this was under

dammit

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

my condolences man. Take peace in knowing he lived a good happy life and brought happiness to others.

5. mrj

mrj New Member

With all of the unhappy, depressed, suicidal people in the world in completely perfect physical (not mental) health, it truly amazes me to hear about happy, well liked people who are truly benevolent passing away due to natural, physical reasons completely out of their hands.

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i suppose that's the fate the universe chose for him