It's settled, my next car will be a Jetta 1.8T

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by StealthMode, Oct 6, 2005.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Finally found a 5spd 1.8T, leather, black, sunroof, heated seats, etc. at the local dealer (parents bought two jetta's from them already). Took it for a test drive with the general manager, and the guy remembered who I was down to my name from last December when me and my dad went in and talked to him. :eek3: I was flabbergasted. Anyway, they were short staffed today and we took it out only for a short run which was ok, going back next week for a better run. I was very impressed with it, the power was really nice, waaay better than what I am used to...(I have an Olds Achieva 2.3 auto POS)
    Anyway, we got about a block away from the dealer on the way back and I finally opened her up and sure enough, tires squealed whent he turbo kicked in. :naughty: (God I love turbo's :o ) and Tony (the GM) gave me crap about not opening it up till the last block on the way back to the dealer :o

So with that, plus the insurance is about $100 cheaper than anything else I looked at with the same performance or even less in some cases, awsome mod potential, comfortable ride, awsome gas milage, etc. I have decided on the Jetta 1.8T..
    It's an 02, 43k (I think...) black, leather, heated seats, 5spd, sunroof, 18's, etc. :drool: Anyway... any comments, suggestions or anything?

2. blackmagic

blackmagic New Member

good deed.
    my first car was a jetta 1.8T.. a white one.. automatic
    2 years later i traded it in for a blackmagic GLI.. 6spd
    stock 18" rims stock recaro seats and a stock kit.. im glad i like the way it looks so much that i dont need to spend money tryin to make it LOOk good. :mamoru:
    and i already know what i wanna mod it with.. now i just need money :(

3. DINide

DINide New Member

don't forget to get the extended warranty.

4. StealthMode

Exact thoughts here, which is why I didn't want to get anything less. It's perfect as it sits right now, has everything I want and more, and I see no reason to sink much more money into it, as if I could afford to anyway...
    Just a few minor mods planned for the time being. :big grin:

5. StealthMode

Couldn't afford it. 75k will be fine for now. If it goes as planned, the warranty will run out as soon as I pay it off. Which, is good and bad I supposed.. :dunno:

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Check and see if its had its average 3.35 problems with every car that VW produces.. hence the need for a longer warrenty.