It's possible to like two people at once...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jack Slade, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Jack Slade

Jack Slade Guest

Say you dated a girl quite sometime ago...Everything was great...sex and all....it was just the wrong time to pursue her, seriously....Now you think of her all the time. We email each other to say, hi, but that's about it. Then she sent me this...She was/is a great girl, but I am in love with someone else.

I swear I tried to leave you alone. I paid you absolutely no mind, for what seems like forever and was trying to politely tell you I was not interested...but NO...you being the persistent individual you are, have caused us to be in the situation and now you have the nerve to be confused about it. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? I was doing just fine by myself and had no desire to do anything different from what I was doing. So really, this is all your fault and I don't want to hear about how hard it is for you, F you. You wanted me, now you got me. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell you what is going to happen and I guarantee if we get together we are not going to argue and fight and you will want to dump me at least once a month, but that will pass. I don't want you to have to tear anyones world apart to do this though. I think its definitely possible to like two people, but I think whatever choice you make it will be the right one. Things that are "meant to be" and "happen for a reason" can't be ruined, so if I am meant to be with you, there is really nothing you can do to mess that up. I told my friends that I had met someone who was handsome, considerate, thoughtful, knew how to match his shirt with his socks. Someone who was just the kind of person I had always hoped to meet, but had given up hope on meeting and instead had decided to settle for less. I said that you were someone that challenged me and let me have my way all at the same time and that I couldn't imagine not talking to you everyday....

2. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

It happens often.

I probably "like" 3 people right now. I'm not just attracted to them (because then that number would be like 300), but I would actually date. One of them I sort of am/was.

Seems like this girl is just suffering from you guys having inconsistent thoughts about what your situation is. Usually the guy is the one romanticizing it -- but it goes either way.

When you don't talk to her as much, she thinks it's strategic... that you PLAN not to talk to her or play hard to get. You're just living your life. But because she's thinking about you more than you think about her it's a LOT tougher for her to logically imagine that you AREN'T thinking about her.

Make sense?

You gave her a range of emotions (anger, attraction, happiness, sadness) and that's the crazy shit that keeps girls coming. Because it's a multi-dimensional relationship. That's why couples that have occasional arguments are HEALTHY. The range of emotion keeps it honest, real, interesting, and worthwhile.

Tell her what you told us. You like her. She's awesome. But you're with someone and that's who you want to be with right now. You want her to be happy, but that can't be with you right now.

3. Derailed

Derailed New Member

It goes from, I'M BEING BRUTALLY HONEST YOU FUCKER!! to OMG your so awesome....its kinda weird.

However you did say you were in love with someone else. So maybe you need to think about that a bit. Is this just a forbidden fruit type of thing?

4. Jack Slade

Jack Slade Guest

Thanks and yes it does make sense. I have to blame myself. She was single when we met. I was dating the girl I am currently in love/live with. The other girl was just that much different that kept me going back for more and more. It was getting to where I was taking away from the girl I was dating to be with her. It was not easy for me to let her go...I was completely attracted to and liked everything about her, but I was kind of taken....Well, it eventually faded out and we only really conversed if we saw each other out or the occasional "How ya been" email. Now she is back at it. I fooled myself to thinking I was over her. I looked for flaws that would make me convince myself I was better off.

5. Jack Slade

Jack Slade Guest

We only "broke up" because I decided I needed to stay with the girl I was seeing before I met her. Everything about us was perfect. I could have left my current girl and probably married this chic. We were that serious. She played tough with the "I wont be second to any other woman" and she sttod by that for months. I'm sure she thought of me as much as I did her. It was kind of like that movie "the notebook"....we hit it off like that to nothing.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I recently hit it off with a girl in that "movie love" kind of way. That kind of stuff burns out really quickly though. I bet it wouldn't be the same if you got back together.

But if you're willing to jeapordize the great relationship you have going on now with a woman you love, then go for it. It's pretty typical for this to happen conveniently after you have fallen for another girl, though. Just so you know. It's a challenge that a lot of girls can't tear themselves away from--seeing if they can win an ex back off of his new gf. :dunno:

If it were me, I'd probably tell her to take a hike. Just reading that blue message you posted makes me think this girl is so fucking off her rocker it's ridiculous. You probably think it's cute because it's such a "movie" way of coming into your life and that's attractive to you. To me, an objective bystander, it looks like she's fucking bipolar. :dunno:

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're not crazy, it pretty typical to have feelings for someone from your past that didn't work out. However, you say you are in love with your current girlfriend, correct? Well how do you think she would feel to know you were conversing and having feelings for a past girlfriend? I'm sure she wouldn't be happy and would be very hurt. What if you found out she was having feelings for a past boyfriend who was contacting her saying he wanted to get back together? I bet you'd be pretty pissed.

What I'm trying to get at is it's really not fair to your gf for you to keep talking to this girl because you have some pent up feelings for her. If you were that curious and wanted to ruin your relationship I would say do the morally acceptable thing and break up with your girlfriend before pursuing this girl; don't DARE just keep talking to her and flirting behind your gf's back, she doesn't deserve that shit.

Or, cut off all contact with the girl, be honest and tell her you are in a very good relationship right now and can't be friends with her.

8. Jack Slade

Jack Slade Guest

Good advice...thanks.