MIL its not the Army that is the problem, its the a$$holes that inhabit it.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MyKCLz, Aug 3, 2005.

1. MyKCLz

MyKCLz Active Member

:rant: :rant: :rant:

i remember my first duty station, going to Korea, wanting to go warrant and fly apaches. BTW, Im in Aviation. Then coming to Ft. Hood and losing all hope. At First, I blamed the Army. Nah, its assholes they put into power that ruin it for people to re-enlist. When people say they don't want to re-enlist because of the bullshit of the army, maybe back to back deployments is a problem for some people but in reality its the Leadership. NCO Support Channel and the Chain of Command.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Fuckin PLTSGT Shithead says im not ready for fucking leadership. IM A SPC with more than 3 1/2YRS TIS and 2YRS TIG. I know SHITLOADS about that aircraft. I have experience from the maintenance side and the crew level side. You have a PFC turned CPL who is a CPL(P) and he's getting his stripes in fucking SEPTEMBER! I taught this kid maintenance and tricks of the trade and he expects me to call him Corporal :madfawk:

The corrupted leadership is the issue. I see PLENTY of good soldiers who come in, dont give lip and do their job proficiently. Accepts their faults and grows from it. These are the guys getting chaptered. The people that wanted to be long term-ers. Then you have the Retention NCO keeping all the crappy shitbags!!

FUCKING LEADERSHIP!!
    When my four year mark hits and my automatic promotability comes down. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY GONNA SAY THEN!

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Congratulations? :dunno:

I hear ya, man. When it comes down to it, it's people that are the problem, and people that are the solution. All you can do is try to be in the right dogpile when the dust settles.

3. TheOtherWhiteMeat

TheOtherWhiteMeat Belt FTW

Well that's not his problem, just read his post.

:coolugh:

4. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Being technically proficient has little to do with being a good leader.

This tells me that you are not disciplined and lack the maturity to be a leader. You must first be a good follower before you can be a good leader. I sounds like your Platoon Sergeant is actually being a good NCO and not promoting people just because they meet TIS and TIG requirements.

5. MyKCLz

MyKCLz Active Member

Not disciplined and lack of maturity?! Its politics, this CPL kissed ass and didn't stop when he broke his foot and sat around the office while we all worked.
    Oh yea:madfawk:

Second, being technically proficient in your MOS does help because when your soldier's have questions to things they are unsure about, WHO ARE THEY COMING TO? The NCO!

6. TheOtherWhiteMeat

TheOtherWhiteMeat Belt FTW

Wow, you certainly have the maturity and thoughtfulness to be a fantastic leader. I can't imagine what the problem could be.:hsughr:

7. MyKCLz

MyKCLz Active Member

i couldn't help myself, the oppurtunity presented itself.

Seriously, you dont have to be a stern leader. Most people I talk to want a leader they can respect as well as be trained by. Not necessarily a friend but someone they can approach when they have an issue.

8. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

And how does the above translate into you being ready for leadership? If this is the attitude you have about the Army, then your chain of command may have also noticed your negative attitude. IMO, just based on the quote above, I wouldn't want you in a leadership position either. TIS/TIG does not automatically make you a leader. Experience doesn't necessarily make you a good leader. Basically, your attitude sucks. Instead of blaming the Army, take a look in the mirror. The kid that got promoted before you obviously has what it takes to get ahead. Sometimes, kissing a little ass helps. It's the same way in the corporate world. Perhaps you should be following a different model for success.