It's not even inspected or registered yet, but damn did I just go shopping

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Scoob_13, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Well, seeing as it doesn't pass emissions (yet :o) I figured I'd go ahead and make sure the fuel and ignition systems weren't causing any problems :bigthumb:

I just ordered:

Bosch High-output Fuel Pump
    New Cap/Rotor
    New Spark Plugs (Beru) and Wires
    Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Fuel Pressure Gauge (mounts on the fuel rail)
    MSD Coil
    ~25ft of Purosil Vacuum Tubing
    Assorted brass tee's for said tubing
    Replacement Power Steering resevoir and associated lines
    Fuel, oil, and air filters
    Optima Red Top sealed battery (needed a new one :o)
    Battery cutoff

Wallet = :Owned: but I'm tired of not being able to drive my insured vehicle :squint: The plus side is it's all a tax writeoff :o

Pics for kicks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I know it's dirty and there are leaves, but I have no place to clean the car, and until that battery (and it's cut off) is put in it'll be a pain to jump start it :o

Speaking of which, to drain a gas tank it takes 1.5 hours of labor :o Fucking bastards :mad: :p

2. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

3. Scoob_13

Actually, not only have I read about it, I've been in it for a ride two or three times, talked with the owner extensively reguarding the pitfalls and troubles, am working on a contract with the the main engine builder for something completely different yet entirely related to Porsche's and have been a friend of the company for quite some time, and am not looking for more than 375-425 ft/lb's at the wheels with 1.3 bar :p

My goal is 450ft/lbs @ the wheels in a vehicle weighing no more than 2500 with me in it, full tank and to run the PCA enduro's to promote my business. That, and there's a certain programmer's twin turbo'd F50 that I owe a beating to since my last race with it in the Impreza didn't go so well :big grin:

It will happen :squint:

4. Scoob_13

Full suspension modifications along with basic brake upgrades, I left the engine and drivetrain stock except for certain basic modifications since I wanted to keep the warranty valid for the 4 years (3yrs then 1 more that I thought that I purchased - due to a paperwork mishap I apparently bought a 3 year extended warranty), and it was a pure track and autocross vehicle.

At the time that I was up against the twin turbo F50 it was purely for fun since I was outpowered by around 600+ hp :o

I sold the Impreza in December after finding the 944T, and I purchased a 2003 GLI for my daily driver since I needed 4 doors and a warranty.

And, speaking of which, I added new injectors to the list today since my current ones are causing my emissions problems :o

5. T-T

T-T Born Into Retirement

Bloody fine car, good to see you treating it right. Hopefully it'll return the favor.

You should be greatful, some of us have to sit idly forever adding to our upgrade/wish lists, never able to tick everything (or anything for that matter) off.

6. Scoob_13

I was just informed that the shipment left earlier this morning and it comes in tomorrow. I was also informed by the dealer that the problem of passing emissions is due to 1) new emissions laws :)mad:) and 2) the fact that cylinder 1 has a bad spark plug wire

They thought I was nuts when I said "okay, I'll pick it up in an hour, have it ready to go"

Amazingly enough, they actually had it ready to go, and even washed it :eek:

Looks damn good :big grin:

More on Operation: Rape the Wallet as details come in :o