It's my Friday, so pumped to get in the gym

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Rojo Johnson, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Active Member

Anybody else work long ass hours and have to wait until the weekend to work out? I work 12 hour shifts and have an hour drive each way. I only have a little time to hang out with the family and sleep when I get home. I work a weird shift, Sun, Mon, Tues, and every other Sat night.

I go back to sleeping at night on my off days because I have a 2 year old and my old lady is 7 months pregnant. Fucks my shit up real good but I feel like I get enough sleep most of the time. I hate cramming all my gym time into 3 days one week and 4 days the next but I still do it. By the time my weekend rolls around I'm feeling great and anxious to get back in the gym.

I leave at 6:30am tomorrow morning and don't come back until Sunday at 6:30pm so it's not too bad. Everybody is amazed at me bringing 4 or 5 meals to work every day. :rofl:

2. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

i did this a few weeks ago, 6pm-6am with an hour to drive to and from. i would go home, eat then sleep immediately, wake up at 3 eat, workout for an hour, eat then drive to work. precooking your food is a must. i was grilling kebabs and cooking rice while getting ready, took a big tupawear container of it with me

3. Rojo Johnson

I do precook my food, I just like to hang out with my family at least for an hour a day. I'd feel bad if I woke up and went straight to the gym.

4. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Ive worked 6pm-6am for the past 4 years with 1 hr commute each way. I almost never miss a workout :dunno:

5. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Didnt see this thread till now.

This is basically my life and I'm having a real hard time. I sleep maybe 2-3 hours a day and it's completely fucking me mentally.

6. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

2-3 hrs of sleep a day I might as well be lobotomized, I guess you adapt as much as you can though.

7. Hallock

Hallock New Member

This happened to me last year. I was taking 35 hours of class, plus working 20 hours a week. I was usually sleeping four hours a night, sometimes two. People started to joke I was a vampire.

Basically, you can do it, but the caveat exists only or brief periods of time. I Pushed myself on the same schedule for four months, but all I really could hope to do in the gym was maintain lifts and inch them forward. I also had to find a consistent time to go, which was Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

At the end of the semester, I basically slept for two weeks.

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

You should look into Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 routine... he's got a good split for people that have to work a lot and can only swing 3 days a week.

I offer a 3.5 day schedule to some employees and its pretty popular. 3 13 hours days and then a half day... then you get the rest of the week off. Not too shabby.

9. brocephus

brocephus i would unplug cooly's life support to charge my c

I work 8am-4:30pm and have a 6 minute commute. The gym is 4 mins from my house.

I have trouble getting there sometimes :wtc:

10. Rojo Johnson

I'll look in to that. Thanks. I don't mind really. I can fit everything I need to do into 3 days, it just kinds sucks to have to do it 3 days in a row.

11. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i have more fun going to the gym than going to some club or bar...i'd go insane if i didn't go for a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.