GUN Its kinda bugging me.. So I'm going to say something

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Step 1: I am not liberal.. at all!

Step 2.. The problem

Its kinda ticking me off at how much people appear to be ready for a gunfight! I know this isntthe oldest bunch of guns but still the point remains.

I carry my gun on me, chambered and ready to go BUT i dont feel like its ever going to be used. The majority of online comments I read are people just waiting to shoot someone! Given the slightest chance POP and the casing hits the floor..

I think hald the problem is mentality. Personally you wont see my gun unless im at the range, im cleaning it OR its in your face and thats the last thing you will ever see.

There are too many comments about situational happenings that I believe to be completely wrong! NEVER EVER EVER pull your gun to try defuse a situation. Its almost imperitive to understand that WHEN you pull your gun its going to cost you upwards of $5,000, EVEN if its justified use of force. You still have to go to court, with a lawyer, and prove that you were doing the right thing. I think this point is overlooked.

Everyone I have ever seen shoot someone has landed up in jail! Even the good guys! This isnt TV, no police mans going to come pat you on the back!

And lastly how many times has someone broken into your house? When I lived in South AFrica this was a monthly occurance but in the US its pretty damn rare, and in that number of home invasions that kill people is even less. TRUST ME when I say this, its easier to let them have your shit than pay the drycleaner for taking blood out of your curtains! I know that from experience! Its certainly cheaper than the lawyer fees.

Keep it safe... keep it smart! Im not trying to take away your rights, im just trying to get the point across that gun behavior in this country sucks! Too many idiots, lets try reduce the number!

2. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

oh.. start the flames!

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i'm pretty sure i'll never have to shoot anybody, but if i do, i'm able.

in fact, i don't want to shoot anybody. don't feel like getting raped for 5 years by the court system.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

You havent been to TX. Police say on the news all the time "defending your castle". They interview cops with dead bodies in the background of the unlucky guy who got the wrong end of the barrel.
    in the past couple years from what I have seen every home invasion covered on the news.. the shooter was questioned for a couple hours and released free from legal charges, none of them are in jail.
    Given you are subject to civic suits but in some places you are given freedom to defend yourself.

5. CPipes

CPipes Shit definitely just got real!! OT Supporter

I definately agree with you on this one. This was especially proven in the "Man kills trespasser who carried a stick" thread. Seems like alot of people are looking for the first legal loophole to shoot someone as opposed to actually using it to save their/someones lives.

6. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

My lawyer jokes, shoot the fucker dead, because if he gets on the stand and tells the jury how much it hurt when you shot him, your gonna get nailed in the compensatory damages department

7. Y2kAccord

There is only one side of the story...

8. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

Its dumb to go looking for someone.

If someone breaks in my house im going to call the cops and sit at the top of my stairs with my laser on looking down the stairs. he can take whatever he wants down there but if he tries to come up he is gonna get hit. You never know what kind of weapon he has / who he /she is. (also the laser would probably scare him away anyways.)

9. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

word..you shoot, you shoot to kill. /story

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

11. Y2kAccord

I agree with this.. everything in my house is insured just stay out of kids room, if I hear you through the monitor I know where you are... that would be only time I might chance it if they tried to harm my child.

12. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I agree, in the main forum gun threads it seems that 99% of OT is ready to shoot someone over something stupid, like a tv. I'm sorry, but I don't think an inanimate object is worth ending someone's life over.

13. san408

san408 New Member

If someone illegally enters my home then, as far as I'm concerned, my family is, in fact, in danger. I'm going to act proactive at that point. Say what you will, but that's the way it's going to work.

To say that someone with my attitude is "looking for an excuse to shoot someone" is irresponsible as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

How can you make a post about people talking tough and then include this statement...

Isn't the last part of this quote exactly the type of statement you're talking about? I guess I don't understand your point.

14. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Not at all.
    If it gets drawn, diplomacy was dead and the situation threatened me. I'm not pulling it to show that Im tough, im pulling it to save my life!

15. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I'm in CA so its not really a problem, I cant do shit unless I honestly feel my life is on the line and theres no reasonable way for me to escape. Which I think for the most part is how it should be.

If someone can get past the deadbolt on the front door, and get by the dog theyre welcome to anything they can carry in the 6 minutes before the cops show up because I can guarantee that whatever they take isnt not worth the risk of what could happen if I confront them.

16. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

Thats why all my shit is locked in the safe. So I know if that safe is getting opened it better be for a damn good reason

17. Jake!

Jake! Guest

:werd:

I feel sorry for you. :hsd:

Will you think the same way when you have a wife and kids?

18. CPipes

I won't jump to conclusions and say you are like the people this thread is talking about cause depending on the situation you may be right. But you also could be wrong. Just seems like too many people already have their minds made up about what they would do when they don't know the full details of situation.

19. Rooster

Rooster y helo thar

I heard some statistic that a major portion of incidents are diffused by the presentation of a firearm, and that shooting is not necessary. I dont know if that's valid or not, but it makes sense. What is the criminal going to do go to the police and say "oh well I was trying to rob this guys house and he brandished a firearm...."

20. Rooster

Rooster y helo thar

I don't know why people think it should remain concealed until you are ready to kill someone. Why not try to diffuse a situation before killing someone? A burglar or thief doesn't want to have a gun fight with someone, they want easy defenseless targets, right?

21. Rooster

Rooster y helo thar

As long as whatever measures you take are proportional, you aren't the initial aggressor, and it is to prevent IMMEDIATE serious harm to yourself you should be fine.

22. CPipes

:werd:

Most of them are only looking for something to steal not someone to hurt. And like your other stat,iirc, most of them will run when confronted by anyone before they will try to harm you.

23. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

The ones that don't run are the reason we have HD guns, not the ones that do.

24. san408

san408 New Member

Exactly. I guess we should all take a course in recognizing a perp's intent.

Obviously every situation is different. I don't sit behind my couch at night with a blackrifle and grease-paint on my face hoping I can sneak up on a home intruder. (which is exactly how some of you guys make me sound) If someone runs, then obviously they don't get shot in the back. I have a CCW which makes me one of the good guys remember?

I guess my point wasn't clear enough for some of you. If you come into my house illegally, then I am under the assumption you are there to do harm to A) me, B) my wife, or (the one that would get you dead by the slowest possible method :fawk: ) C) one of my two beautiful daughters.

If you were to make it obvious that you weren't going to hurt anyone by either running away, or by laying in the fetal position and crying like a bitch, then there wouldn't have to be any shooting.

I guess the point some of you are saying is that if you have a gun in your hand someone HAS to be getting shot. I just whole-heartedly disagree with that. We can agree to disagree though, no biggy :fawk:

Edit because I wrote this entire reply smiling. I didn't want to fill it up with emotes so folks could see the emotion. Now you know.

25. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

I think a lot of people who claim to be "ready to shoot someone" if they have to will not be so confident if they ever have a living, breathing person at the end of their sights. The person who said the'll wait at the top of the stairs for the burglar to approach their family said it best. If your life or that of your loved ones isn't in direct danger, save yourself the real trouble and let the insurance company buy you some new stuff.