SRS It's good to know who your friends really are...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Achmiel, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

I went out 2 or 3 times this weekend to have some fun, so I could get my mind off the crap going on in my life...

I don't know exactly how I let this happen, but I ended up with $1.11 in my checking account yesterday, and there were some weekend charges that hadn't come through yet, so I'm freaking out thinking I'm not going to have any money for this next week and a half.

I wake up this morning, check my account. I was overdrawn and in the hole. I called the bank to see if they could reverse some overdraft fees since I had my soon-to-be ex-wife deposit some money last night to help me out. The bank couldn't do much for me (not surprised). At this point I was pissed off at the situation and really pissed off at myself - which is becoming more prevalent when I screw up - kinda refreshing in a way since I really can't be upset w/ anybody else.

So I leave the house and call in late for work. I thought I would just get a cash advance from one of the local Check Cashing places, but it turns out the practice of Paycheck/Cash Advances in illegal in GA. :mad:

At this point I'm like fuck it - I'll just starve and try to pawn some shit so I can make it till next payday...

I get to work all distraught and ask one of my co-workers (who I hang out with sometimes - go drinking, etc.) for a smoke. He gives me one and I go outside to smoke. He joins me after a couple of minutes to keep me company since I looked upset. I tell him the situation and offered to let me borrow $100. At this point I'm close to tears (which is also becoming more prevalent - I need to express, not supress emotions) and thank him for offering to help. :wtc: :hs:

We're going to the bank at lunch to take care of my fuckup.

Thanks for good, true friends! :bigthumb:

2. johan

johan Active Member

I know you have good intentions, but repay his kindness by paying back the money as soon as possible. Within a few days if possible.

You'd be surprised how quickly a day becomes a few days, becomes a week, becomes "next payday, I swear", becomes "oh fuck, it's been 3 months, I'm too embarrassed to face him".

Then...will he post a message saying "well I guess I know who MY true friends are, I loaned a guy $100 and he never paid it back".

I'm sure you have the best of intentions, and this probably doesn't apply to you.
    It just happens more than you'd think.

3. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

Payment was already talked about, he'll be payed back the day of payday... :bigthumb:

4. Divided Sky

Divided Sky New Member

qft :werd: