SRS It's getting better and better! This is me....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Herr Capitan Sebas, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Can I ask a favour;Even if you have nothing to say, if you've read it can you just put a quick reply saying you did, even just "read"? Thanks!
    I don't know how long this is going to be. I'm not sure what I'm going to say actually. Apologies first if it's too long or too much ranting. Here it goes:

From an early age I've always been quiet, which meant I found it hard to make friends. In primary school I was always keeping to myself, and the only friends I had were a couple of guys who were really outgoing and the ones who made efforts to associate with people. I also underestimated myself in many ways.

When I went to secondary school, it was easier because I went to the same school as my class from primary. I was still relatively quiet, but found that talking was easier (I've accepted I'm just a quiet guy). As I went through school it was apparent that I was very mature for my age; I would laugh at horseplay and get involved in minor matters, but I would never start it and I would not laugh if it affected my study. Even though I found it hard (and still do) to concentrate on study, I was a good listener in class. Most of my knowledge came from what I heard and not what I studied myself.

I was content at where things were going at that stage. I was travelling alot and had alot of amazing experiences, which I was lucky to have. I was also lucky when I was awarded the last place into my college course, a course which I had wanted to do since primary, ~8 yrs beforehand.

That's where things changed for the worst. Even though I had things to make me extremely happy, I was eating up with saddness inside. I'm not sure why, but I have an in-link. This problem went on for a couple of years. I had dropped out of my dream course, applied, received and dropped out of a second course.So, I started working in a factory, unsure would I return to college or just not bother and accept that it wasn't for me and continue underestimating myself.

The problem could by linked with depression? But I don't agree with that statement. Sometimes I thought it might be the fact that I was lonely? I had friends, but they were friends because of where I live (regionally purposed friends?). We have little in common exept for sporting hobbies.
    I also had never had a gf, which made me feel down at times. I would see other youths hand in hand, and I would look into the horizon and try to see my future. The concept of that being me and my soulmate seemed not even distant, but impossible. It wasn't destined.

The point at the end of the above paragraph was strengthened when it was linked to the reason which my view, experience with life has/is changing for the better. It is a reason which I have talked to OT about before, but is now much more important in my life.

I met her when I was working in a factory (as mentioned above). It was a crappy job but she brightened it up. At first I thought she was pretty, but there was something else about her. I don't know what it was. It was like a voice inside telling me; "I have to get to know her." I can't explain the feelings I had.
    And I did get to know her. Within weeks we were friends. We had loads in common. And I mean loads! She's like a soulmate (I think she is, but I haven't said it to her) We are now really close close friends with possibility of something more. She is 28- I am 20
    This is something which I did tell her( but in a text) that is great when you (being me or someone) can be so happy even by just being in their company.
    We meet up every few weeks. In between I can't stop thinking of it and can't wait to meet up.
    She is getting a flat and I will stay weekends then, instead of just an afternoon/evening. We will be going travelling together. The list of places she dreams of going is exactly the same as where I dream of going.
    We met up on Saturday and had the times of our lives. We are not bf-gf but when we were together we were arm in arm and hand in hand. I kissed her on the cheek a few times. That's how close friends we are. We're so close, we don't have to worry about rushing things (even though I get impatient and agree to myself that I will make a move the next time, I don't and let what happens happens. Having said that, I'm once again in the process of reviewing my tactics).

The day after we met up I leave for college and am missing her already and can't wait to see her again. I get up this morning and I am still reviewing the time we had on Saturday, and I look at the wall, but I don't see what my eyes are looking at. I see her, and I have a strong strong, strange feeling in my stomach, not relaxing but kind off (I think it is the "L" word).
    She said the "L" word to me but in drunken informality.

So now I have a smile. I don't care about not having much friends at university. Even though I am to myself here, I don't feel alone.

2. wik

wik New Member

It's good that you made a friend, sounds like she's sweet.
    Anyway it sounds like you had some problems with your self-esteem, and your shyness didn't help it.
    Maybe this relationship will turn into love but it's hard to say, all I can say is, don't be afraid to talk to people, take chances, live life, and good luck in your endevaours.

Sorry if this was of no help :E

3. johan

johan Active Member

Congratulations. You can also look at the "views" counter for your thread.

4. Beepsandbuzzes

Beepsandbuzzes New Member

Sounds great :)
    I am going through something similar, though currently it's less-requited.

5. Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun New Member

Viewing isn't the same as reading.

6. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

Hey, I read your story.

^_^

If this girl really makes you happy, and you her, who cares about an 8 year age difference. Enjoy what you both have with each other at this point in time and don't worry about the fact that you may not have overly many friends and University.

Considering the whole growing up and seeming very mature for your age just could mean you dont have as much in common with your age group. I see alot of people like that. Maturely Immature.
    Most of my friends are older than me. :wiggle:

7. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

thats awesome :hug: reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. i know how you feel, and its a great feeling. enjoy it :wiggle:

8. Buttcheeks

Buttcheeks Guest

:werd: It can only egt better from here :)

9. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

Love her

I know that sounds very vague, but roll with everything you are feeling and don't try to "assess" the situation. Stop looking back and try to look forward. The age difference means nothing

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's great to find someone you can talk to and be with. I'm happy for you

11. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

i read it. keep those positive thoughts flowing.

12. canuckdiver

canuckdiver Guest

hope it works for you!!