SRS It's close to valentines, should I break up with my gf?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by newboundguy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

I've been in a relationship with this girl for about 8 months, we're both in college. She has a ton a guy friends which she admits to flirting with. From the beginning, it seems like she's been hiding stuff. She was asking several people about me. She also went out with people that disliked me, but said she was with friends without any mention of whom.

Fast forwarding to a few months ago.. we went to a party and some guy had his arm around her, she claimed she didn't notice. After a huge argument, i forgave her stupidity and said I'd give it another chance. Next, she got a phone call in the middle of the night, with someone telling her sexual things, and claims she didn't notice it wasn't me till 8 mins after the conversation. :rollseyes:. Now she's been spending a lot of time with me because she's lied to her parents(she lives at home) and told them she is taking classes when she's actually not during this intersession. I am taking a very hard class and i'm stressed from it, and all she feels like i don't love her as much. Now we just had another argument and I'm not sure I want to leave this relationship. I care about her, but i can't handle any of the BS arguments as well as the problems we've had. I don't think I trust her anymore and she's getting on my nerves more often than not. Should I keep on trying, or end it? I feel bad valentines is coming up, and all of this is coming up.

Thanks.

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

If it's over, it's over. No calendar day should change that. Your description doesn't paint a nice picture of the relationship you share with your GF. Why prolong your misery to celebrate a holiday that centers around love and relationships? Get out now. Spend Valentines with your friends, if you're lonely.

3. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

Why waste time with a girl like that? Leave her and get a girl that's not a bitch.

4. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I'd end it and attempt to be friends. If that doesn't work, then you gotta move on. Shes a liar anyways. Why would you want someone like that?

5. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

He shouldn't even try to be her friend. Just dump her ass as hard as possible and move on.

As for the valentine's bit: it's better to dump her before valentines since then you won't have to pay her any expensive gifts. :big grin:

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

In the asylum we aren't here to commit ourselves to extra hurting people on special occassions. You shouldn't break people's heart 'exactly' on a meaningfull day, especially not valentines day. As other people stated your break up should not be related to any special day. Its uncanny how that girl is all 'see no evil, hear no evil' when other guys are hitting on her. If i where you i would only put love and light in your future relationships, there is no other thing to do then to break off with her now, with your busy schedule it might not be a good thing to step into relationships either.

7. johan

johan Active Member

I get the feeling you'd like to break it off during Valentines, as a sort of "free additional bonus" of hurting her that little extra bit...to get back at her for the untruths and various relationship sins she's committed.

Ask yourself if it's really necessary.

8. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Is johan a chick?

9. maskednegator

maskednegator Kosmonaut, best we've got...

irrelevant. johan is the man.

10. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

Not at all, i've had my share of bad breakups and wouldn't want that on anyone. I'm just confused if I should do it before or after, or even at all.

Thanks for the suggestions though. .

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Why should he hold out until after V-day though? After all, V-day IS just another Hallmark holiday ;)
    Now if he were going to wait until ON Valentine's Day where they have special plans, then I would think that to be unusualy cruel.
    Otherwise, it's over. Don't fool yourself into waiting around just because of a holiday.

12. verveintuition

verveintuition New Member

You obviously do want to break up with her, so do it regardless of the upcoming holiday. Just don't do it *on* Valentines Day. :wiggle:

I had a guy break up with me the week after Valentines a couple of years ago, because he said he didn't want to be mean to me. He'd bought me flowers, chocolates, and all that, and I had no idea he was about to break up with me. While his intentions were good, it was very confusing at the time.

End it kindly and wish her well. She'll move on, and you'll be happier and less stressed. :)

13. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Sounds like shes cheating on you, or at the very least much more open with other guys than you are okay with. That is reason enough for you to end it now, imo.

14. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

she sounds like trouble, valentine's day being close or not. whatever you do, i suggest getting away soon

15. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i often wonder this too....

such good advise though :bowdown: (all the time)

16. newboundguy

newboundguy New Member

Well I broke it off because i found other things she was lying to be about and was pretty much a compulsive liar. I really didn't want to waste my time.

She gave me a whole bit of "i'll change, I'll seek help".. I aint got time for that shit.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  17. quamen

quamen New Member

sounds like this girl likes alot of attention and being veryflirty. I dont think she is ready for a relationship, she sounds like a perfect candidate for a one nighter.

18. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

dump her.

19. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

dump her