SRS It's been over a month and it's not getting easier

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by veneratio, Aug 21, 2007.

1. veneratio

veneratio New Member

my GF and I broke up about a month ago after dating over 8 yrs and it's not getting any easier. I started seeing another girl and my x found out about it and I believe she is seeing someone as well. I really want her back but I am afraid that if that does happen we will eventually go back to fighting all the time and breaking up again. I don't know what to do... I keep thinking about it.

2. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Remember what broke you guys up.. there is a reason for it. Despite the fact that when you were together all you did was fight all the time and end up breaking up so whats going to change things if you two get back? Things will be good for A LITTLE WHILE and then it will resort back to both of your old habits again.. people don't change that quick in just a months time, not even in a few months time.. its just the way they are, and until they're willing to make positive changes or learn to readjust the way they handle things, thats when you can build a solid relationship.

I suggest hanging out with friends, hitting the gym, go to the beach, movies, just have a good time and start enjoying life, consider yourself lucky that you'll have some time for just YOU.. and when you're truly ready to get out there and date.. then do it, but do it with someone fresh and new, not an ex... remember this: you two broke up for a reason and unless that reason had a really legit situation going on, why go at it again? Just to end up going through it in the future?

8 Years is a long time, how old are you two? And what exactly did you always fought about that lead to your relationship ending?

I think I'd be more concerned that you and HER are both already dating other people just abit over a month after breaking an 8 year relationship.

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

:werd: You feel like you miss her because not being with her has changed your life from what it once was. You had routines and habits together that aren't there anymore. You need to start doing things for yourself and establish a life without her. With my ex, we used to do the same things all the time, gym together Tues/Thurs, date night on Friday, crossword/coffee on Sundays so when we broke up, I suddenly had to fill those voids. I made new routines doing things I liked so those times weren't associated with him anymore.

Focus on yourself for a while and become more active doing things just for you. You just need more time away from her so that you stop associating everything with the relationship you once had.

4. veneratio

veneratio New Member

I am 27 and she is 31. And did not want to start seeing anyone, but as soon as people started talking about us break up, certain girls started trying to hangout more with me.

5. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

They're trying to keep busy, and keep their minds off of each other.

The real question is...why were you dating for 8 years and not married, or at least engaged?