SRS It's almost that time of year, let's reflect a bit!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by registeredPORK, Dec 11, 2007.

1. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Take a second to reflect on how this year has gone for you. All the good, and all the bad.

For me, I a lost a job in the beginning of the year, and it was kind of a shitty start, including my car breaking down and still isn't fixed yet. The guy that was working on it has been being a fucking dick but it's all good now. Did some pretty shitty things to him... I know, pretty fucking vindictive but ya know... it felt good at the end, lol.

After losing that shitty job, I found a new and better one working at the University here (which is a whole lot closer from the last job). They treat me well here, and I'm glad that I lost that last job. They treated me like shit and the only reason why they kept me throughout that time was because I was the best that they had. I exceeded my daily quota by the hundreds, and sometimes thousands, and would make up for a missed day in one day. :mamoru: It was easy shit.

Found a new and better relationship. Have been together for almost a year.

Reconciled with my Mom.

My Mom had a minor stroke this year... it was pretty fucking scary.

Pinched nerve in my lower back; couldn't stand up or walk the first night/day it started. Didn't have health insurance but went into the clinic anyway... got put on some vicadin and flexeril. Damn good drugs, :o Made me sleepy and groggy as hell though.

Met new people, went to my first concert, and 'friends' showed some true colors.

So, what about you?

What will you be doing new next year?

As for me, I'm going to start working out like I used to. 4-5 times a day, eating more properly and all of that. I'm feeling good about myself now and it's time to move on from what has happened last year (if you don't know the I posted some of it here).

2. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Well reflecting, at the beginning of the year I had a shitty job as well. Was an underpaid Jr. Asst. Manager in a kid's clothing store. Made friendships there and still have them now that I've left on to a better job. Not in the sense that it pays better, but I do have a better schedule.
    Was with a bf who had no ambition and pretty much left me flat broke every week. I was in debt and slowly digging myself in deeper. I left him and got back together with my ex (we had broken up a yr ago after a 2 yr relationship), I've moved out of my house and am planning a small marriage ceremony with him.
    I've had fights with my dad and fights with my mom. All in all my dad took it pretty well when my fiancee and I told him we were getting married. Didn't really like the idea, but accepted my decision and gave us his blessing. He's so "cool" like that :mamoru:. I've also been a lot closer to my mom, we talk a lot now and I feel like I could tell her almost anything. She's like a best friend to me now a days. I love my family :big grin:.

Next year, I too plan on going back to the gym (alreayd started dieting). I'm going to college and I'm determined to get a better job. Just strive for the best and take each day as it comes. I have a pretty busy 2008 year ahead of me. I've got a lot to do already (many plans and a future) and I haven't even finished this one! But, hey I plan to have a lot more fun in the little bit that's left of the year! :big grin:

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Rough year.

Lost / Quit / Was forced to leave Circuit City in January. I loved the 'job' because I'm pretty social, so retail management wasn't an issue for me. I loved my employees and friends I had there, but, upper management was complete douchebags. In the end, I'm happy they "cut off" 10,000 employees who were "overpaid".

Lived off my savings for a bit, got jumped in Febuary by six black guys.
    [​IMG]

Started working for the job I currently have back in March. Crowne Plaza Hotel, Assistant Sales Manager. Not too bad, although my intentions are to get back to school.

April/Mayish I started messing around with B, my ex. Soon we got together. Lived through the summer, at what I thought was the happiest I could possibly be. She broke my heart in October.

Late November I begin dating the girl of my dreams (literally). I've been dreaming about Cristina since 3rd grade! Now we're together and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

December (now) : I just found out B, my ex, moved back with her ex-boyfriend yesterday.

Thats my life.

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

This year hasn't been all too exciting. Nothing overly dramatic or heart wrenching has happened, but I supposed that's a good thing. :hs:

Graduated college in May.
    Started grad school in August.
    Spent alot of time with friends between January and August.
    Just trying to get my feet on the ground in grad school now.

My life, exciting. :hsugh:

Going back to the gym next year though, no more excuses.

5. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

This year has been good to me

I have in the past year moved back home, that sucks but since moving home i have paid off almost all of my cc debt, I am going back to school, doing well, and paying for it without loans.

My job that i started late 2005/early2006 is going very well, I am making good money and get along well with everyone.

I was single most of the year. early on in the year i finally fully broke things off with my ex who I was never really that into. Then dated/hooked up with a few different people over the year. Nothing came out of them.
    Just in the past month however i met someone new and she is awesome, so far everything is going great and looking very promising.

overall i would say 2007 has been very good to me

6. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

this past year has been somewhat of a rollercoaster for me.

first half was pretty low key. just went to school and work, both part time. i diddnt feel like i enjoyed my job as much as i thought i should so i started lookin for new work. found another job that was opening within my company a few months down the road that paied a little better with about the same hours and the people seemed more like my type so i went with it.

well then the in july my gf of 3 and a half years broke up with me which completely tore me up. felt like shit for a long time... i thought she was the one, yadda, yadda, yadda. this was definately the most impactful thing to happen to me this this year. after the break up it gave me alot of time to think about things, try and find myself and kinda start over new. i started trying alot of new things, meeting some new people, being more open to everything, and hanging out with my old friends alot more, which im definately lucky to have. i ended up leaning alot from the breakup as well as things about myself.

started the new job in august but now after about 5 months into it i dont think it was the best decision. i got to get out a lot more with my old job and see more than 5 people a day. good thing is that its not too stressful and gives me the ability to keep my grades up in school.

i also started working out with a good friend of mine a couple months back and its turning out to be pretty self fufilling.

next year i plan on transfering from the community college im at now to a university, which is something im really looking forward to. i also wanna start traveling more and hope to go somewhere cool that ive never been to. oh, and theres a good chance ill be looking for another job as well.

so thats my life :cool:

7. Chickenbum

Chickenbum TOTW Winnar & Fav '06 ;)

this year is kinda shitty for me too

first half was fine, went on holidays, got a pay rise, etc,

2nd half of the year sucked, GF of 3 years broke up with me, my mother attempted suicide, i acquired some weird pimple rash on my face (going away now, thank fuck)

next year will be my year of opportunity, applying for jobs in different cities, want to make next year the best ever.

8. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

2007 started off in a hell hole lol.

i got with a girl who was nothing but drama for me.
    that girls ex wanted to kill me.
    had a couple people pass away.
    school was not so great.

but on the upside..

end of this year i started seeing a girl who i thought was really cute in high school. i seem to like her more and more every day :)
    kept in touch with high school friends.
    closer to my best friends.

hopefully this year will end good and hoping all is good in the future :)

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

lots of things:
    fell in love
    friend broke up with his long time gf
    then he fell for someone else
    then he fell out of love with them
    then he gota gf
    then he broke up with her and fell for someone else
    drove to another state by myself for the 1st time
    graduated high school
    lost my friend since childhood
    started college
    more or less stopped drinking soda
    im sure thers much more but thats all i can think of
    so all in all quite the year

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Overall, I'd have to say this has been a very good year.

Spring was my last semester in getting my 2nd bachelor's degree, this time it's in computer science and I had senoritis really bad but I still pulled good grades. Overall, after 105 hours I had a 3.82 GPA with no grade below a B so I'm really pleased about that. Damn that was a lot of hard work and I'm glad it's finally done!!

Spent a couple of months over the summer looking for jobs and just trying to de-stress and enjoy life a little. Money was running out fast though so I needed to find something and in August I got a job. It was a pretty decent job, pay was higher than most of my classmates and I had a great boss. So i was very happy with that job. However, another company I had previously interviewed wih called me and said they'd changed their mind (they passed on me earlier). They offered me more money if I would leave the other job. So I left but after only a month, I realize I've made a mistake. :( It's not an awful job and I've worked plenty that are much, much worse....it's just that I didn't realize how good I had it at the other company. So now I'm looking for another job....hopefully this one will be better. If it's not...oh man.

Family and friends health has been good and my finances are on the mend...getting a regular pacheck is soo damned nice. Anyways, 2k7 will go down as a really good year in my book.

Funny thing is tho, I spent a lot of time worrying about finances.....hmmm.

11. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

not a great year, but 08 should be much better

12. triXx

triXx Im the crack being smoked by your dealer

Hmm ok reflecting on the past year

got kicked out of house i was living at 3rd of the year, lived in car for 2 months, old friends turned their backs on me(i didnt know it at the time) and burdend my job hunting. and then a friend from high school i hadnt talked to in 2-3 years lent me a hand and a place to stay, worked on and off, did work for his parents around there house to pay rent and for pocketmoney to get by
    moved in with another friend after getting a job and paying other friends family and thanking them, been living here for 5-6 mothns, lost the job i had which payed well, found another job, but it was till end of summer, have a new job now which is also seasonal trying to build work history and references, lost more freinds, gained more, reconciled with family (whom i thought all hated me, didnt turn out that way) and there all happy im starting to get back on my feet again, plan on renting a house with 3 people in the next month and starting school to get licenced for car audio and instalation tech(which ive done since i was 14) everything seems to be going well again

13. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

This year has been fairly good:

-graduated college
    -got a job in my career field
    -have a wonderful boyfriend
    -nephew was born and i love him to death
    -hit up the gym more frequently
    -i have plans for my life and my future and i can't wait to embark on them

pretty simple i think :hsd:

14. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

agreed :wtc:. '08 :x:

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Best year of my life, even though it had a lot of downs...I persevered. The new year started and my relationship was just getting very strong. Months went by filled with school and friends and my relationship. Summer came and I felt like death. I was studying and doing so much homework due to the fact that I was taking my last classes in college and they were only 6 weeks long (meaning double the work in a shorter time). At the same time my job wasn't paying well (I was only waiting tables) since summer is usually dead in the restaurant industry and because I couldn't work as much. I had no money and had to start relying on ramen and sandwiches. I was constantly stressed and crying.

But then, I finished, graduated and 2 days later went on the trip of my life through Europe for 2 weeks. I came back a different person, as I always do when I travel somewhere amazing. I also came back and got a great job at my dream company. I know make more money than I know what to do with and everything has paid off. My relationship is better and stronger than ever. My friends are all still in my life. I see my family once a week. Job is excellent. I couldn't ask for anything more :)

16. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Ah yes, reflection. I generally try to avoid this activity whenever possible. Whether it be the simple reflection
    I face every morning in the mirror while I tie a windsor knot, or the long deep torturous kind that makes me
    question my decision making skills. I was close to considering this year a wash, but I think I have managed
    to make some progress here in the eleventh hour right before the ball drops in times square. Maybe if I stop throwing
    rocks the water will settle enough to actually make something out in the reflection.

I went back to see a Psychiatrist for the first time in about two years last week. Actually having an open mind and
    somewhat ok attitude about it made it a much better experience this time around and I feel the doctor has a good idea
    of what's going on with me. (I'm bipolar) He has me on Lexapro and Lamictal so hopefully I'll start to see some benefit
    from these by January. I consider this enough of a win to salvage an otherwise stagnant year because being bipolar has
    stolen half of my twenties (Just having turned 25.) from me so maybe it won't get the other half now.

I've also started seeing a chiropractor. Back pain, asides from bipolar disorder, is my other chronic condition. I suffer extreme
    sciatic pain and my legs will even go numb if I stand too long or overexert myself. My normal consisted of two-to-three aleves
    and a heating pad at night. Now, however, I wake up in the morning and can actually walk! It's amazing how I forgot what it
    was like to be able to extend my leg fully without pain. That is a definite spirit booster for me, chronic pain is just one of those
    things that eats away at you until you are so tired and numb to everything you just give up.

My social life? Well I don't really have anything to report here. Most of that relies on the bipolar disorder. I've given up trying to
    meet people or establish any kind of connection with them as sooner or later the bipolar will mess things up. Behind that I've got
    some other emotional problems brewing, but I think they would be a tempest in a teacup if it weren't for the mania amplifying
    things. Only time will tell I suppose. I've had a few people come and go this year. Including someone I cared about. This just
    reinforces the fact that people just can't understand the needs and irrational operation of a bipolar persons mind. No matter how
    hard you try. That's not to say I'm blame free, of course, but after someone fails you as a friend it's hard to forgive that.

I'm hoping the medication and maybe, later, even therapy will help me get things under control mentally in 2008 and that
    will eventually lead to a better and more fulfilling life. Socially and emotionally.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  17. Malicious

Malicious Whats in your hatch?

I can't really complain, 2006 and 2007 have both been good years.

- Decided to go back for my MBA, so I studied for the GMAT, applied and got accepted -- starting January 2008 :wiggle:
    - Exercised a shitload and dropped 25-30lbs that I put on over last winter (bulking)
    - Ran my first 5k in about 6-7 years, came 10th of 750+ people
    - Work didn't go all that well, I moved back to my original office to be closer to my boss... asked for a raise, didn't get anything (yet). We will see what my bonus holds next week. I haven't really advanced much since 2006.
    - Got lots of projects done on my car (lowered, swaybar, intake, blah blah)
    - Had some good times in the summer with old buddies
    - Got a lot better at golfing after starting in 2006, and amassed an almost complete set of clubs. Played a ton of new courses.

Only real goals for 2008:
    - Advance at work somehow
    - Iron out the kinks with the girlfriend (haven't been too involved with her family in the last 2 years)
    - Buy a house

:wavey:

18. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

19. triXx

triXx Im the crack being smoked by your dealer

in for '08>'07...(hopefully)

20. wicked max

wicked max New Member

Like someone else said, 2007 was quite the rollercoaster. It was my first birthday without my long term gf (she left me last year).

Financially this was one of the worst years for me. I work at a dealership, so everything is based of commision. We got new management which cut our commision from 25% to 15%. That put a strain on me. I fell behind on bills. That management got fired and a new one came in, and bumped us back at 20%. I managed to get back on track, but I'm fucking starving. Business is so slow everywhere. I'm struggling to make ends meet. But I seriously love my job. It makes me happy, so i deal with it. Now we are getting bought out by a private owner and looks like the takeover will be this month on the 20th. We are not guarantted jobs. I'm not worried. Juat patiently waiting.

Emotionally this year was hard for me too partly because I had to get over my ex(still somewhat am). I finally stopped crying every night towards march april. I still think about her, but not as often. I do miss her, and sometimes wish I could still be with her. heartbreak was the topic for this year.

I met 2 important people in 2006. but it was this year in which we truly developed a wonderful friendship. The first was my boy Fred. This guy brought me in to my current job. It was only him that saw something in me. It was him that saw a bit a passion in me. It was him who believed in me. It was him who defended me. It was him who took me under his wing. It was him who showed me not to give a fuck! he brought me out of my shell. He told me to always look sharp. To not care about other people. It's ok to speak your mind. He told me to get strong... Not just at my job.. but in life. I owe everything to this man. I am greatfull for our friendship. We became drinking buddies.. we became weed smoking buddies(also this year, lol). He showed me how to enjoy life. My homie for life.

The other person was my best friend Renee. She seriously came out of nowhere. 16 years my senior, I practicly ignore her the first year and a half working at the same place. In a moment of despair, and sadness i was nearing a no turn point. I seriously think devine intervention had something to do with her coming across my path. It started as small talk.. which led her to care more and more. She would see the sadness in my eyes. She would ask what was wrong. i would avoid it, but her persistance finally made me open up. it started with texts. then phone call. Then late night calls. Wake up calls. She filled my day. She brought smiles. We learned about each other every single day. She made me feel human again. She made me feel worth something. She shaped my confidence from nothing to a huge mountain. She kept me humble. She kept my caring side intact. Honestly, without this girl i wouldn't be here. I developed more than firend emotions, although i never told her, I'm pretty sure she had an idea. She kept those emotions in check. Although she never told me, I knew she wanted to keep our friendship the same.. I am thankfull for that, because now i'm realizing that it might have been merely a crush. i love what we have. She comes to me for help now. With little things, with big things, i love spending time with this girl. I love this girl. I'm always going to keep her around. Without her i would be nothing. She is so impressed with my progress. just a couple nights ago we were at my sister's sweet 15, and she saw me dressed in a suit. She took a good look at me and said, "wow, you've come a long way. You learned a lot" I'm never going to forget that look. It made me feel so happy. I was somebody again.

This year is coming to an end. A lot of negative things, but great things as well. This year has definately been an important one for me.. I learned a lot. I became my own person. I can't wait for 2008. I'm going back to school. I'm going to finish and become someone great. i look foward with anticipation.

I felt good to write that.

21. miek

miek New Member

:rofl: amen - im right there with ya

22. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Hmm, well:

- Graduated from high school and turned 18
    - Experimented with pretty much every drug possible
    - Convinced my parents to pay loads for my private art school education
    - Fell in love with ballet and am now a dance major
    - Began freelance writing, got a job at Banana Republic, relocate to Chicago and have made a few new friends.

That's all.

23. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

Shitty fucking year. Lets hope 08 is better since I should be starting my Bachelors in Nursing. Unless the 5 schools I applied to don't accept me. Applying with all B's should be good enough right? If not then FUCK!

24. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

:hs: One of them should and a 3.0 GPA is really good.

Oh yeah, I failed to mention that this year I started paying my $43k in student loans.... ~$600 a month... :wtc:

25. miek

miek New Member

:hs: I'm so glad I never needed loans... I secured a good work program at school and have been fine, some people I know are drowning in debt though