It's a WINDOWS world : deal with it!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nashstradamus, Sep 18, 2006.

1. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

the whole microsoft fanboy web forum is pretty funny

http://www.apcstart.com/site/jbannan/2006/06/264/its-a-windows-world-deal-with-it

It’s a Windows world: deal with it
    8 June 2006

James Bannan

Windows, Vista Demista
    In between the howls of outrage over Vista’s dropped features and claims that Microsoft are screwing and disappointing their loyal customers yet again, the Mac and Linux fanboys are rubbing their hands with glee – anticipating a flood of disillusioned Windows users flocking over to the Light. Sorry guys – the disappointment is going to be yours to savour. Microsoft-bashing may still be a popular passtime, and sometimes they certainly do roll over and present a nice soft target.

But the thing to remember is that the way in which the vast majority of us use computers is the Microsoft way – Microsoft mentality, Microsoft products, Microsoft technologies.

It doesn’t matter who thought of it first, who ripped off who, whose version is better…we are the Microsoft/MSN/Hotmail generation of computer users.

And these products are to computer usage what iPods are to portable music – not necessarily the best, but the natural choices.

If someone’s a Windows user now, they’re going to stay a Windows user when Vista rolls out.

Don’t try and fight it. Don’t moan and bitch about how Microsoft promised you so much more and aren’t they just terrible and Gates is really Damien Thorn in glasses.

You’re going to Vista regardless and you know it. Why? Because the product is so firmly embedded in society’s mind that you might as well have circular Start icons in your irises.

You know how Windows works – it’s familiar and comfortable. People want to play games, communicate, have fun.

They DON’T want to spend an hour trawling through techhead forums searching for that one line of code to get something installed.

Or buy into a system which looks great, feels great and has all the flexibility of titanium.

Windows lets you in, gets you going and gives as much or as little freedom as you want. Don’t care about computers? Windows has a Wizard For All Occasions. Want to rip it to shreds? Your admin account comes with a scalpel and sledgehammer.

Windows rules now, and will rule next year too. Attack Vista all you like – it makes for amusing viewing.

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

3. Danoldo

Danoldo Lollercaust

whenever I read shit like this....it always makes me think that only intelligent people use mac.

Mac's are just so much more efficient and easy. But it doesn't have a "wizard for everything". Why doesn't it have a wizard for everything? Because it's just easy and it works. I don't get this article at all.

Who cares if Microsoft is the way things are. Earth to article reader, my Mac does microsoft now too :mamoru:

So whenever I want to boot into that hideous, error infested OS, I just reboot the comptuer.

Everyone buys windows because they just see windows everywhere......which is ridiculous. It's kind of like how Bush won the election in 2004. Everyone said "well, Bush is an idiot sometimes, but hey, i'm an idiot too, so i'll just buy into it!"

4. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

As apple continues to beable to lower the price of their entry level macs more people will turn to them.

$999 for the iMac is finally affordable for an average family especially for what it comes packed with.

5. inamorata

inamorata New Member

and also now that you can compare proc speeds directly to other dell n shit is good

now they dont see a mac and go "but the numbahs are smalluh...DUHHHH"
    retards

but also, not many family's understand what a mac comes with

i mean how many will go out, purchase a mac and then use bootcamp to the fullest potential?

6. TNFlyBoy

TNFlyBoy F =/= ma?? wtf??

what i have to say about that...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if only i knew who the original poster of that message is...

7. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

It's ok. They don't invite the hood to live in the white house.

I follow that policy when choosing friends to talk to about converting to mac.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I don't use windows. I rule.

9. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

yeah i have an iMac with a microsoft comfort mouse

and i love it

10. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i need to use both...well, don't need to use osx, but i like the stability and ease of it all.

of course i need to use windows for networking etc and linux for voip

11. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

classic :rofl:

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You need windows for networking? Linux for VOIP? Huh?

13. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

not really ya bitch!!!!!!!