GUN Its 4am people ID'ing themself as police kick in your front door what do you do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 11, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=4887406

5/10/06
    Burglars Posing as Cops Invade Lubbock Home

Lubbock Police have some positive leads after five men allegedly broke into a home, then beat and robbed the two people inside.

The incident happened at 233 Grover, just blocks away from Shadow Hills Golf Course in northwest Lubbock. Five men, who claimed to be Lubbock Police Officers, kicked in the door. When they entered, holding a shotgun, they told the two men inside that they were with the ATF.

Police arrived just before 2 a.m. on Wednesday. 21-year-old Antuwan Johnson and his roommate told police that the men tied their wrists with plastic restraints and demanded money and weapons. When they said they didn't have any the suspects kicked them and hit them with the shotgun. Then one of the suspects held a shotgun on the victims while the others ransacked the house and stole more than $450.

"They said, 'Don't move!' They all had walkie-talkies, and I hear a guy come on and he said 'The front's clear, everybody move out!' When they came in they knew what they were doing. They had planned this from... they had planned this for awhile," Johnson said.

The victims told police that the five men were wearing ski masks and bandanas to cover their faces. They also had on camouflage and ATF shirts. But police say they probably just associated what the suspects were wearing with what they heard.

Police say the suspects knew the victims and probably knew that there was cash inside the house.

2. CPipes

CPipes Shit definitely just got real!! OT Supporter

Noknock warrants are a fucking 100% lose/lose for any law abiding citizen.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Being I haven't done anything to warrent an early morning raid, I'd grab my P99 and SAR1 and hope they really aren't real cops at the wrong address or something.

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

This is actually one of my biggest fears. I'm afraid to say that I would probably not open fire and just hope they really are LEOs. In the time it takes for you to identify that they are NOT LEOs, it's probably already too late.

This type of situation is a nightmare for law abiding citizens.

Riiiiight. Because it's impossible for criminals to get ATF teeshirts and camouflage...

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If that happened to me I can't tell you what I'd do. I'd probably be too shocked to react at first. I might have time to regain my composure and grab my gun. I've done nothing wrong so the cops would have no reason to barge into my house.

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

That is either some really shitty reporting or something is fishy. The cops basically saying the victims are imagining what the suspects were wearing, and then stating that the suspects knew the victim, when the article doesn't say anything about any suspects having been apprehended.:squint:

7. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I say by the time you have ATF busting your door down at 4am, you've doon something really bad, so you might as well open fire.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

That's the problem... what if they have the wrong house? Some type of mistake is made and they're busting down the door. You open fire on LEOs? I don't know what I'd do. I doubt I'd open fire on people IDing themselves as LEOs. It's a nightmare either way.

9. CPipes

Did you read it??

10. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

what would happen if per say. they did do something like that, didn't say that have a warrant... would you be justified in killing them, even if they were cops?

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I think he's saying that either way, you may as well open fire. You're either being attacked, or you've done something really bad...

12. Artyboy

If they barged in and I had time to grab my gun before they made it to my room I'd yell at them that I was calling 911 and I had a gun. I'd let them know that if anyone came through that door that I'd shoot them until I found out that they were who they said they were. In all honestly it would probably happen so fast that I don't even have time to open my safe :wtc:.

13. CPipes

They're cops, there is no justified reason for killing them.

14. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Well, justified or not, they're not going to care at that moment. They're going to open fire on you and it's going to go very badly, very quickly.

15. Artyboy

If they don't have a justified reason to break into my house, fully armed then I think that I have a justified reason to kill them.

16. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Bingo, just because they wear a badge doesn't give them impunity to break and enter. If someone comes through my door they better have a warrant in hand else I am considering them just another crook breaking and entering.

As for the story, who's to say they really weren't cops who went bad? It would be a great cover. Blame it on gang bangers impersonating cops.

17. sprite

sprite Active Member

There are plenty of justifiable reasons, but probably no legal ones.

18. CPipes

I think you would be justified in doing it too. But my and a few others support wouldn't get you very far against the government who will defend their own and the media who will twist the story.

19. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Exactly...I'm too fragile for federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

20. CPipes

:werd:

21. sprite

sprite Active Member

No shit. That is exactly what I was getting at in my first post. Immediately saying the vicitims imagined things and stating the suspects knew the victims... when no supsects had been apprehended and the victims couldn't identify the suspects because they were masked.:ugh2:

22. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If they really are cops you will end up being fucked, even if they had the wrong house, I think I posted the story of Corey May before, cops doing a raid in his apt complex went into his apt which wasnt listed on the warrent he shot and killed one of the cops and now he's on death row.

23. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I believe I would respond with force. If I wind up having to defend my actions I will because I'm involved with no criminal activities and because of documented events like this. It is more plausible to me that that it is criminals than police because I am law abiding. If you are running some illegal operation out of your home you would not have that defense.

24. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Ugh, what a shitty situation.

25. striker754

striker754 Chillin

open fire. there are NO other options, especially if you have done nothing bad. Police don't raid houses of good people at 4am. I'd argue and win that a raid on the wrong house is in DEFINATE violation of the 4th amendment.

I've always said, this is the way to rob a house, act as a cop. D-bags in OT tell me "omg you would shoot a cop"?