GUN Italian vs. US made Berettas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

there is a gunshop by me that has a sizeable selection of used berettas....theyve got about half a dozen italian-built berettas for anywhere between 575-800 depending on condition and model (92fs,92s, etc)

the US made ones are around 475-600...asides from the obvious in the thread topic, what else is better or worse about either one...i think i heard the whole "they use plastic parts now" speech but wanted to know if that was it...
    Also, are those prices about right for an italian beretta? Its a pawnshop as well so haggling is probably doable
    anybody in the know feel free to provide some insight

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I've heard alot of people bitching about the plastic parts, and how "cheap" they feel, but i've never heard of any instances where they actually broke. The only thing I like about italian beretta's vs. US ones is the fact that they dont have the warning label stamped on the frame. It doesnt affect performance, but I think it looks better without one. I've got a 92FS and a 92C that are italians, an italian browning BDA (made on beretta equip) and an american Beretta 21A. I've shot US and italian 92FS's , and I dont have a preference between the two. They all go boom when you pull the trigger, and that's all that matters to me.

3. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

4. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

some say italian have better quality, machining and such. i never compared the 2 so i don't know.

BTW those plastic parts aren't all plastic. they are metal parts coated in plastic. u can buy a parts kit and replace them, but i see how that is pointless. and its kinda ugly that an INOX gun will have black controls.

however i fiddled with the new 90-two and the guide rods look to be entirely plastic???? like nudged on it a little and it flexed. cool gun though

5. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

They're both beretta, they both suck

6. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Slide mounted controls FTL

7. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

It's part the "old vs new", just like with German vs US Sigs, and part plastic parts. If the plastic bothers you the parts can be had cheap online. I picked up all the parts to convert mine to all metal for under $50. Keep in mind that the plastic/metal thing is purely aesthetic and in no way affects the function of the gun.

Despite what some say they are fine guns. I don't know where all the BS about the Beretta's comes from. My 96 will hold its own with my Sigs any day of the week.

8. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

+1

9. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

There is nothing wrong with the Beretta's safety/decocker switch being on the slide. It's fast to disengage the safety and easy to engage.