It physically hurts to eat junk food now. Anyone else like this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hootpie, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I've been cutting for 5 weeks now and I've been pretty strict. Egg whites, oatmeal, brown rice, chicken breast, turkey sandwiches with bread and mustard, protein shakes and the like are all I have been eating.

1) A couple Saturdays ago, I went to CPK with my girlfriend and she ordered a some garlic basil pizza. I used to eat like 5lb of cheese a day and I loved garlic...never had any problems. I had a small bite of one of her slices after she insisted for 5 minutes and about 15 minutes after I had really bad indigestion.

2) About a week ago, I needed some extra calories, so I put half a tablespoon of mayo on my turkey sandwich. I used to spoon mayo onto my sandwiches like it was the cure for every ailment. For the next 4 hours, all I could taste and feel was the texture of mayo in my mouth and it made me nauseous.

3) I missed 3 meals today (dad is in the hospital) and I wasn't able to eat until 10pm. I went to Albertson's to get some turkey, but the deli was closed. My girlfriend and I decided to go to In&Out, where I got a double-double protein style (I figured this would make up for lost calories). I used to eat 5x5's at least once a week before. About 10 minutes after eating, my stomach (my actual stomach, not my gut) started to hurt and I started burping like crazy. Almost 3 hours later, my stomach still feels uneasy.

Has anyone else experienced this during/after a cut? I don't exactly intend to go back to eating unhealthy when I finish my cut, but I don't want to have a stomach ache after eating out every now and then.

2. Delt Smasher

Delt Smasher Guest

buying "protein style" doesn't make up for lost calories you fool. all it is is a lettuce wrap. should have gotten it normal.

3. hootpie

hootpie New Member

:ugh2:

I didn't say buying it protein style made up for lost calories. The double double was what made up for lost calories.

I bought it protein style because I didn't want the simple carbs in the buns, nor did I need the calories from them. Getting it protein style means it has 28 less carbs and 150 less calories, which is what I wanted.

4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

your body "adapted" over to clean foods:dunno:

5. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

sounds like a mental thing and not a physical thing.

6. qwop

qwop underground pirate OT Supporter

Not entirely sure on the food's you're talking about (UKer) - but it can happen.

I take it as a measure now of how well I'm eating. Once, I was strictly dieting and I ended up at KFC with my ex and I felt off afterwards. Any other time, I've been able to eat KFC and other things without any trouble.

Don't worry though, when you stop eating cleanly, your body will stop reacting to junk food in this way - when I stopped cutting last year, KFC (and mountains of other rubbish) didn't bother me in the slightest.

Have to say I feel healthier for eating clean, though.

7. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

im bulking and i still dont really like eating candy

8. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

not at all

9. Elfling

Elfling New Member

If you've been eating very low fat or very low carb and you suddenly eat fatty or high carb foods, yeah- your GI tract is going to rebel.

10. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

Your immune system reacts to junk food. I'm not too sure, but it would make sense that after not seeing junk food for a while your body would have a tough time with it. I like to eat pretty healthy, but when I go off my method I just feel shitty in general, not actual pain.

11. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

so your t-cells go into action once you pound that snickers bar?

12. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

:rofl:

this dude's such an idiot

13. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

:mamoru:

14. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:hsugh:

15. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

my immune system reacts to vegetables :mamoru:

16. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Yeah its why people with AIDS are really fat, their immune systems can't destroy the candy.

17. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Wasn't there an episode of "Married with children" about that?
    Peg wins free personal training sessions with Chicago's Healthiest Man and after a battle of wills, she has him eating like her. Because he was unaccustomed to unhealthy food, he dies.

Regular feedings of pork rinds, whoppers and KFC's Big Crunch sandwich keeps me balanced I guess.

18. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

I cant eat chocolate, makes me feel sick. If I do have a chocolate bar I have to have a pint of milk or something with it.

19. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I remember that episode :rofl:...I just remember him getting fat, lazy, and sitting with Peg on the couch eating bon bons.

20. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I've actually been eating pretty clean for the last few days... if chciken bacon counts as clean. I ran out of pork rinds...and no fast food for almost a week.

21. hootpie

hootpie New Member

When people ask you what you do to look the way you do, do you just smile and say, "Pork rinds and bacon."?

22. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Today is the midway point of my cut and out of convenience, I ate pizza for dinner at my girlfriend's house. I missed a few meals again today because of having to go to the hospital and other things, so I figured a few slices of pizza wouldn't do too much damage. I ended up eating 5 and now I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.