IT People: Inventory Control Software?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scoob_13, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I'm working on some custom inventory tracking software for my company and have been trying to find some other small/medium business tracking software to evaluate, look for what I'm missing, etc. (basically to see if I'm forgetting something to track :o ) and can't seem to find anything that isn't just pure trash.

Currently we use the Inventory tracking module in TrackIt, but it isn't as robust as we need it to be (software key tracking, user assignments, AD integration, hardware, etc.), and I can't even find anything that's close to as good as TrackIt.

Any ideas on where to look? I'm going to hate myself if someone points out a relatively inexpensive, kickass piece of software, but I have too many other projects that I need to get done and an inventory audit for regulation reasons that I need to get done by November 1. :hs:

2. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Guest

Intuit

Some sales guy sent me the CD for a trial. You might want to have a look. I never used it because I simply dont have the time.

www.blueocean.intuit.com

It's called Track-It

3. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Yeah, that's what we're using now.

Doesn't matter, I've already got mine completed, just need to work on the barcode module and the PPC2003 adaptation :hs:

I'm contemplating patenting this and selling it since I couldn't find anything worth while. I'd have to work on the GUI more to make it "universal" since I have it shortcutted so much :o

4. ShapeShifterz

ShapeShifterz Longtime Lurker