TAT It means a lot, so help me get it right

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by arabphil, Dec 10, 2007.

1. arabphil

arabphil New Member

I was hoping some of you could suggest where i could find some good ideas for a very nice cross.im talkin something that my mom and grandma could look at and love. Im not looking for an exact match but at least some inspiration.

The story behind the Tattoo: My Grandfather and I used to be pretty close and he meant a lot to me. I am named after him and many people keep telling me as i get older how much i look like him when he was younger. An old man is my home town in Syria even confused us and thought i was him (the man was a little delirious). One thing he had that ill never forget is the tattoo on his hand which was a cross and our last name in arabic. The tattoo was placed on him when he went to war for Syria so that if he died they would be able to identify him and know what burial to give him since Syria has a large Muslim as well as Christiam population. After he passed away i still remember that tatto very well and I want the same tattoo either on my chest or my arm.

Now the reason i wrote up that whole story is so you all know this tattoo does mean a lot and isnt something im rushing into.

2. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

1. Nice story and a good choice for a tattoo.
    2. Crosses could go a million different ways.... if you "remember it very well" I don't see how we can possibly help you. :dunno:

3. arabphil

arabphil New Member

o no his tattoo was a real simple black line drawing, not an art tattoo.

4. audrey

audrey New Member

If I were you I would get it done the same way as your Grandfather. But that's only if I were you.

My father has a red cross on the inside of his arm, with his blood type from his Navy days. I have always thought if we were closer, I would love to get one myself.

5. arabphil

arabphil New Member

trust me id love to get it on my hand but thatll take some more convincing for mom and grandma
    and id still like it to be a little bit more artsy.