It Just Works

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by art_VW_shark, Nov 24, 2009.

1. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

Core i7 iMacs showing up DOA -- including ours

By Nilay Patel [​IMG] posted Nov 24th 2009 1:38AM

[​IMG]
    var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/apple/Core_i7_iMacs_showing_up_DOA_including_ours_Engadget'; Apple's new Core i7-based iMac might be a performance monster, but it looks like the whole family's having some problems getting out of the gate: in addition to the previously-noted performance issues with the Core 2 Duo models, a quick glance across Apple's support forums and on other Mac boards around the web reveals that some machines are showing up DOA and / or with cracked screens. We're a little more familiar with the DOA issue, since the new i7 we just bought doesn't boot at all, but the cracked screen issue seems to be equally common and mostly affecting the bottom left corner, from what we can tell. Now, our review Core 2 Duo 27-inch iMac is perfectly fine, and Chris Ziegler's new Core i7 machine doesn't have any problems either, so these obviously aren't universal issues, but if you're about to stick one of these under the tree for someone it might be wise to do some surreptitious testing first

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sounds like a problem with the shipper that we see every year close to the holidays. Level of care: non existent.

3. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

What the hell? I went to high school with that Nilay Patel guy. He is a few years older though.

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

So you're cool because you come into this forum to explain to us that not all electronics are perfect?

Go you...:ugh2:

5. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

maybe they should try plugging it in

6. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

OMGZ I ONLY BOUGHT A MAC BECAUSE I WAS TOLD IT JUST WORKS AND NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME IT DOENSTS?

7. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

:rofl: