SRS it hurts like crazy...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by taintedutopia, Feb 28, 2006.

1. taintedutopia

taintedutopia New Member

im 16 and over the last year i've had a lot of problems at home with my dad and my stepmom...we tried working them out, it never really worked...they drove away everything that made me happy...my best friend, boyfriends, you name it and i finally jsut got fed up...they just didn't understand me and i just kept getting hurt over and over...it got to the point where i didn't feel comfortable in my own house. well long story short, i recently made the decision to move in with my mom. i left today. For the first time in my life i saw my dad cry...i disapointed most of my family...i thought it would feel better than this...i know i gotta do whats right for me but it hurts to see everyone upset...i know i hurt them and it does bother me alot more than i thought. everytime i think about it i cry...idk what to do i suppouse..or even what to say to him...and my grandparents...they've all been there for me my whole life n i just left....i kinda feel guilty...i just dont know what to do and i guess i just need some opinions...was i wrong?

2. wufei

wufei New Member

im sorry i would not be in any posistion to speak about a split family, but i suppose, the options were either you stayed with your father and step mom and you would just feel uncomfortable and unable to work things out, or give a new enviorment a try. the guilt part i dont know so much about, but from the looks of it , it seems like your family does really care about you

:hug:

3. 5secstrtcar

5secstrtcar Spot you 10, give you the move and still hand you

4. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

Well, sometimes you gotta do what you feel most comfortable doing. They might cry, but you'll feel better. and if you don't fix yourself first, then you'll break.

5. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

you made this decision with your best interest in mind, i think from here although i dont have all the facts it seems like you did the right thing... as long as you yourself believe you'll be happier this way...

don't fret, and i hope you yourself heal emotionally... good luck.

6. B4 I FU R U 18

B4 I FU R U 18 Active Member

you have to do what is best for you.

7. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Yep, you're not being selfish or anything. Your dad probably wants you to be happy, he probably cried because he knew it wasn't gonna be with him. You have to make decisions for yourself soemtimes, and not other people. Compromise is good, but sometimes it can't be done.