GUN It helps to read the manual. v. wasted ammo

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HisXLNC, May 23, 2009.

1. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

I bought a BSA panoramic red dot for my 22/45. I get to the range, mount it, turn it on, and fire. Fire 5 shots and all of them hit about 6 inches low. I think to myself, no problem. I turn the elevation screw 4 clicks and fire 5 more shots. Point of impact does not move at all. So I turn the elevation screw 4 clicks and fire 5 shots again. I probably do about 50 shots this way and with every 4 turns the point of impact barely moves. So i'm like, fuck this and go to the next gun.

I get home, hit Google, wondering why the fuck it's so hard to get the elevation to change. I probably turned the elevation screw a total of 30 clicks and it's barely moved half an inch. I'm reading a review on Midway when someone mentions a "locking screw". I'm like, "Where the fuck is that?" I look around on the sight when I find this teeny tiny hole. I'm like "Aha! I bet that's where that teeny tiny hex wrench goes."

So I get the teeny tiny hex wrench, stick it in the teeny tiny hole, and do just a little teeny tiny twist. And then... *boing!*

The rear of the sight pops up about half an inch, my guess is due to all the pressure exerted on it by my 30 clicks on the elevation screw. So I guess I need to read my manuals from now on. :doh:

It would have helped if they at least marked the screw, like they did the elevation and windage screws.

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

lol oops.

Hopefully you didn't fuck it up.

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

4. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Makes me glad I bought a 2 year extended warranty. :o

I think it would cover something like this.

5. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

When in doubt play stupid. :hs:

Go back to the range and see if it holds zero.

If not IDK what is wrong with this thing. ;)

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

ah the RTFM experience

7. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Could be worse. My Accupoint's adjustments knobs are labeled wrong. L-R is the U-D adjustment.

Took me a fucking week to figure out wtf was going on with my AR. :o Still need to send that thing back...

8. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I pulled the red dot off my MkIII 22/45 on friday and did a complete disassemble. Stoned the trigger and swapped in a spring from a clicker pen, did the slingshot mod (waiting for it do dry to drill a new hole and install the spring from a bic lighter), removed the mag disconnect, and ground that stupid spur off the back of the trigger. I also pulled the emblems out of the grip and ordered some 1911 bushings and screws to do the grip mod.

I think I'm getting a Paclite upper for an anniversary present. but the next mod is disabling the loaded chamber indicator.
    Oh, and I put it all back together last night and function tested it. :kdubbd:

Umped about 200 golden bullet hollow points through it as fast as I could. Only two FTFire.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  9. skeletor25rs

Can we get a pic?:eek3:

10. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Same shit is happening with my Leupold scope for my rifle... but I don't see any small holes... WTF.

11. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Yeah I'll take one in a couple days. It really bugs me, especially since it came from Trijicon.

12. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

I'm surprised you can get Golden Bullets to work in yours. Mine seems to hate anything with a hollow point. The hollow point will get jammed up against the edge of the feed ramp, or worse, the bullet will get smashed up against the ramp so hard, it will separate the bullet from the casing.

So i'm stuck using Thunderbolts until I can find something better.

13. skeletor25rs

Yeah, I guess I got a good one. I thought about polishing the feed ramp while I had everything torn apart. Kind of glad I left it alone since it works fine the way it is.

I've seen a lot of threads on RFC about people selling there's to buy a new one and getting a much better shooter out of it....but who knows which parts Ruger is going to make out of plastic next.