It happened again...., very pissed

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lsondubz, May 10, 2003.

1. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

As someof you might remember a few months ago I had a problem with my Eclipse Aluminum subs, the whoel cone crumbled and seperated and the subs were shot. Wel lafter about 1 1/2 months Eclipse sent me brand spankin new ones.

Now I don't drive the car much so the subs are hardly ever used. So today I'm bringing my sister home from work, when the bass starts "hesitating" and the amp cuts out, I just knew what happened. I got home opened my trunk and sure enough THE SUBS ARE FUCKED UP AGAIN.

So now I am on a voyage to get my money back from Eclipse, and my lawyer will be contacting them, I will be sure to keep you all updated. Stay away from Aluminum Cones!

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

pics.... and your not going to get your money back i hope your not paying for the lawyer iether cause it IS a waste of money

but lets see pics of what is happening

3. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

and they look the same? was there anything in your trunk this time ;)

5. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

Well the first time, it was a default in the sub, eclipse replaced them free of charge, paid shipping and all. This time they seperated a lot more and crumbled...

6. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

well what i am seeing here are the creases in the cone. from what ive seen when you push a sub to hard the surround starts to crease. BUT but they are dented INWARD..............makes me think maybe the polarity was wrong on the wiring and it bumped INWARD instead of OUTWARD

7. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

8. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

Tried contacting Eclipse, kept getting put on hold... going to try again today... The local shop said he could replace them for me.. but since this is the 2nd time, I'm trying for either my money, or for them to upgrade me to the better subs they offer.

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

11. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

subs will go the same amount of movent in both directions reguardless of polarity

12. surfzup2k

surfzup2k Guest

Dude it looks like something hit the cone while it was playing. If you look in the 4th pic (45 i believe), you can see where something even made a dent in the rubber covering the screw holes. sorry man, that sucks.

13. 04

04 Guest

:ugh:

Lets review. As Flynfrog said, the sub is alternating current. It bumps in and out once each for each cycle, so if you play a 40hz tone, it bumps in and out 40 times. And it does this 40 times + a cycle or two depending on your system damping. So no, that wouldnt be it....

14. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

now quit slaming the lid of yoru trunk on them subs jsut dont do that somehting hit it

15. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Thats not a "dent". Thats a extrusion line from the plastic beauty ring.
    Extrusion line != dent.

16. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

i fucking know that the sub moves both ways. im just saying it looked like it blew up going inwards instead of outwards

17. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

As I see some of you guys hadn't read... so I will recap

The link above is for when it first happened, NOTHING hit the subs. The "dent" is from where the cone came apart and bent. The subs were sent back to Eclipse, there was a defect, and I was sent brand new ones, no charge.

The same thing has happened again. I have now been making phone calls to Eclipse (very nice helpful people I might add), and I am now working with them to work everything out. Hopefully when all is said and done, I will either get my money back, or be upgraded to the Titanium series.

18. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Pimp Cat
    well what i am seeing here are the creases in the cone. from what ive seen when you push a sub to hard the surround starts to crease. BUT but they are dented INWARD..............makes me think maybe the polarity was wrong on the wiring and it bumped INWARD instead of OUTWARD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nwo no more talking :sadwavey:

19. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

fuck off lame ass

20. 04

04 Guest

Why would it matter what polarity the speaker had when hooked up? There is a 50% chance that it would blow up going inwards and a 50% chance that it would blow up going outwards...

21. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

im just fucking saying it looked like it blew going back in. my fucking hell is it that hard to understand

22. 04

04 Guest

Uhh, you said that you thought the polarity was wrong, and thats why it blew up going inwards...

23. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

you are just making your self look dumber

give up while you are still behind

24. slfmade

slfmade New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    sorry to bring this back, but I have never laughed in the Home/Car Audio forum before, this made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. Whats even better, he was serious. :bigthumb:

25. blinkin

blinkin Evolution Enthusiast

:slap: jack :rl:.... :asshole: