it furniture

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by inferno8ball, Sep 24, 2003.

1. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

i know this isnt really computer and programing, but some of you might know where to point me too.

the company i work for is expanding, and still is ending up short on space. they are going to try and cram myself and a coworker into a small office, as opposed the the larger office we share now. i need space to set computers up and i wont be able to just have a folding table in this new office like i use now.

does any one know of ne like server type racks or furniture that would maximize the usage of space, such as like shelves or monitor racks and such.

im pretty much looking for ne furniture thats directed toward IT use and the such..

thanks a bunch

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

A quick search on goolge for computer furniture turned up http://www.workspaces.com/ and some other hits that looked promising. Might want to check those out.

3. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I can definately help you out with "IT Furniture"..

What kind of space are you working with?

4. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

its like musical chairs here, and the IT department is gonna be the only suckas left without a seat when the music stops

apperently, we cant have the space we were going to move into, they need to assign us a another office area, which will probably be even smaller.

thanks for the help, ill get back to u once i know definitly.

but the size is gonna be small
    maybe like 12 by 12, if that

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

6. MP

MP New Member

7. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Well first I would suggest you get some KVM switches to alleviate the KVM clutter. As far as racking, if you have standalone servers (ie not rack mountable), you can use any kind of shelving you want (considering they are servers). I used some Home Depot shelves here. It's a rats nest behind it (literally :ugh: ). One thing I would suggest even though you are stuck for space is to move the shelving units away from the wall and leave enough space to get begind and tinker.