GUN It finally happened v.wifeshooting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pimpofthenation, Mar 25, 2010.

1. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

:run:

Well, after a few delays, she finally went with me. This was a big step. He dad is a hunter and gun guy and always tried to get her to shoot with him, and she wasn't interested. After a few months of talking, hinting, prodding, etc.... she finally relented and agreed to go. We went to a local sportsman’s club with one of her coworkers. After a few intros and learning the local rules, I went out and shot (poorly) with my Glock for a bit and let her watch.

Finally, she decided she was ready and I let her try the 10/22. She actually did pretty well and lit up the Shoot n’ See from 25 yards and then had moderate success out to 50 yards. She even hit the bullseye from 25 years (this is the same girl who got a par the first time she ever went golfing, I was there and saw it). If it wasn't for the mosquitoes (yes, in March, fucking mosquitoes)… she probably would have shot more.

We tried to get her to shoot the AR15, but I was OK with her passing. One thing at a time, right? She told me on the way home that she wouldn't mind going again as long as it was just the .22 that she was shooting. :)

There was a guy there who was sighting in his new Savage and we got talking a bit. I think he was impressed with the fact that I let him run a full magazine through my AR, because he was interested in the RRA 2-stage NM trigger. So he let me have a full five shots through his Springfield M1... and then a few magazines with his Kimber 1911 that was mildly customized.

It was my first time shooting a 1911 and I realized 10 seconds into it that I was about to spend some money very soon. Anybody want to buy a Sig P220ST? :big grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Cool man. My wife loves shooting my pistol, but refuses to shoot my shotgun or AK. She doesn't like shouldering the AK and having the gun so close to her face with the iron sights.

3. UnaBomber

UnaBomber Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe OT Supporter

gf was the same way until i got her a p22 and now she wants to go shoot as much if not more than i do

4. Werm

Werm Guest

She looks like she's 19-20 years old, tops. Congrats on getting her to join you and feel free to PM me nudes of her :)

5. pimpofthenation

LOL, she's 31. Check your PMs.

6. Poz_Dispenser

Poz_Dispenser New Member

My g/f loves shooting. It was awesome watching her shoot the 375H&H. She handled the recoil quite impressively.

Probably from all the recoil I give to her. lulz

7. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

that's awesome. My fiance hates guns, still working on her. How do you like your SRT8? I'm looking into getting one.

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (megingjörd: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Title makes it sound like your wife ventilated you.

9. UnaBomber

UnaBomber Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe OT Supporter

in for pm

10. HSTexan

HSTexan Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I thought this was gonna be a thread about brass going down her shirt

11. pimpofthenation

Love it so far. When you look around, check the front tires. The factory camber settings are uberaggressive and the annhilate tires up front with a quickness. Factory replacements are about $400/ea. I just put a pair of Toyo Proxes STs up front for $300 installed from a buddy at Belle Tire

12. P-chan

P-chan New Member

What's the specs on your scope? I'm about to buy a .22 rifle and I want my wife and daughter to shoot with it, just curious - I think I'm pretty set on the Mueller APV.

13. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

APV is a good choice

Last time out I convinced my gf that the AR was fun to shoot and didnt hurt. She was lighting up steels at 300 like it was nothing and she said there was an old guy behind me staring at us in disbelief.

14. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

lol i know how you feel about the 1911

15. pimpofthenation

It's just a cheapo 3x9 Bushnell