SRS It figures

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mel, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

I finally ask someone if they'd like to hang out, get to know each other, with my face blazing red - and he's got a girlfriend. :hs: He found out I was interested in him, and he came up to me today to chit chat at work, I finally get the pseudo balls to ask him out and he tells me he has a g/f. Said he'd heard I was interested, and didn't want to ignore me. :hs: Boys.

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

same thing for us guys.. trust me.

3. Gandin

Gandin New Member

Yeah, currently working on a certain someone myself. Mixed signals really fuckin' suck. I really thought she was into me, and then after this weekend I'm not so sure. Bah. Hopefully stuff'll work itself out.

As for you, don't let it get you down. You are going to be rejected, but the more you try the better you get at it, and the less of a big deal it seems to become. Good luck next time.

4. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

At least he still wanted to be friendly :hs: Heck, when I was in high school and early college, it always seemed that if a guy found out I had a crush on him or was interested, I suddenly seemed to exist.

There was a guy in high school I really liked, and of course one my girlfriends had to go let the cat out of the bag to him. That was sophomore year. He never spoke to me again til we ran into each other at a party....sophomore year of college :big grin:

5. johan

johan Active Member

If you look anything like your av, I wouldn't have waited so long... ;)
    (its the boots & ears that does it...)

6. major props for asking him! :bigthumb: sometimes i wish it was that easy for me, girls approaching me. still, i hope you respect the fact he didn't cold shoulder you when it would have been easy.

7. Mel

Well, I know there's always the risk of being rejected. Doesn't make it any easier. And it probably won't happen again any time soon. :o Took me 2 weeks to work up the nerve to do that, and I was practically sweating by the time I was done.

And I really do respect him for coming up to me and talking to me, but it would have been much less embarrassing had he not. He said to me "This was so much easier in grade school - we could have just written notes to each other." :big grin:

8. Mel

:rofl: How does one reward oneself for that? :) Go to the movies alone now?

9. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

Go get smashed with some friends?

10. tigerlily

tigerlily Spoiled brat.

Great job on having the guts to talk to him. A lot of people are so scared of rejection, they will never step up:) This time it didnt work out, but like the others said, it gives you more courage to try next time.

At least he didnt lie about his gf and some day down the road after you two have gone out several times you find out about her....I would think that would hurt more at that point :hsd:

11. Mel

Yes, it would have and I appreciate his honesty. He even emailed me at work today saying he hopes it hasn't changed things, because he hates to "turn down a pretty lady" but still wants to be cool. He's a good guy and I still want to know him, so I won't let my petty embarrassment get in the way of that (well maybe after a day or two :big grin: ).

12. Mel

Well, I'm not really the go and get smashed kind of girl. That, and I'm the only single one in my group of friends.... so I tend to be the one left out of things :hs: That's an entirely different subject.

13. Mel

That'd be nice, but my free money is going towards my last bill so I can get it paid off in a couple months.

14. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

LOL, i was much closer to that back in the day than I am now :hs:...but heck I am working on it...figured I would give it a shot!

15. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:eek3: damn... props to him for actually talking to you. most guys are immature and don't want to deal with it. they'll run away and hide, pretend that they don't know you, etc, rather than be a man and confront a woman... "hey, i'm flattered that you're interested, but i'm not attracted to you in that way."

:rolleyes: and women are the only ones that play games... ya, my ass...