It feels so good to be getting back in shape.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ballistic, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ballistic

ballistic I dunno, play chess...screw?

Posting this here just because I felt like sharing, and I know the main forum couldn't care less.

So anyway, after five years of beer-fueled unhealthiness in college, followed by a five-month stint in the IT field sitting behind a computer and sucking down shit food and drinking Mountain Dew, I've started to turn myself back around.

I quit my high-stress, low-reward IT job when I was hired as a Firefighter. The department is HUGE on physical fitness, and it's doing wonders for me. I get paid to work out for at least an hour every day, and I've been making the most of it.

Before I started, I was in pretty craptastic cardiovascular shape, had a start on a beer gut, and was much weaker than I used to be when I wrestled in HS.

Now, only 5 short weeks later, of working out for at least an hour five days a week, which consists of mixed cardio (running, bike, calisthenics) and weight training, I've already noticed a huge difference. My cardio is coming around nicely, the beer gut is shrinking away, and I'm getting more definition all over, especially in my arms and chest.

I generally feel better, have more motivation and energy than I used to, and just have more confidence in myself than I did previously. I can't wait to see the results of another five weeks, and another, etc.

Just felt like sharing. :wavey:

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

A lot of good that IT degree did for you. :mamoru:

Just fucking, glad you decided to make the commitment to get back into good health.

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

lol, i program, i know how much it sucks sitting on your ass

i feel 100000x better now lifting and sticking wit hit

4. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

You'll quit in a few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.